Stolen Kiss

"There you are," Daemon says as he crosses the threshold into the room. My eyes beg me to meet the floor but I restrain them. I have to keep eye contact...sadly. He takes note at the disheveled covers on his bed and chuckles. At least he's not mad. "What the hell happened in here?" He asked. I was sure my face was a blood red, my flushed skin hot and sensitive.

"I-I," I stutter at a lost for words. What did just happen here? Seth was right there! Right there!! I'm sure I didn't imagine him, it wasn't a dream, so where did he go?

His eyes shoot up as soon as he hears me make a sound, and he smirks, over filled with joy.

"I knew you could talk."

"I'm sorry about the mess," I manage to spit out. My throat suddenly felt tight and dry.

"My my so talkative! I didn't think I'd ever hear you speak this much. And your eyes aren't examining the floor anymore, I didn't know they were blue."

My legs feel weak, and I'm all of a sudden light headed, my mind desperately trying to wrap around what just happened.

"Oh don't stop speaking now, I was adoring the sound of your voice. By the way I still don't know what to call you." He says as he pulls the sheets and covers off the bed.

He seemed so sweet, but it can't be real. Then again I'm not sure I know what's real anymore.

"It's Angel," I mumble, my voice breaking a bit. He noticed the sound and turned his attention back to me.

"Is something wrong, Angel?"

Before I can stop it tears roll down my cheeks smearing the strange black ink they painted on my eyelashes. I shake my head and sob, my hands covering my eyes as they blur from the water.

"Angel? W-what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He grips me by the shoulders and tries to look me in the eye but my hands cover them. I lean to his chest and cry, slowly sinking to the floor and taking him with me. He gently rubs my back trying to console me, his cold flesh tingling my own.

****

"Um...I don't think crying and ruining my best shirt was part of your job description," he says. I chuckle into his chest and raise my head meeting his gaze. He plays with the bouncy curls in my hair with one hand and holds me with the other.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine...are you going to tell me why you're crying?" I pull my head down and lean into him and he sighs in defeat. "Is it something I did?" I shake my head and he pulls me closer. I lay on his chest listening to his heartbeat and not very much surprised to hear nothing.

"We'll are you going to tell me who you were talking to?" I tense, wondering just how long he was listening to the door.

"I was there a while," he said answering my unspoken question. "And I heard you talking, but nobody responding..."

I blink surprised. Seth might as well have been yelling compared to my voice, and Royals have better hearing than us...so how is it he missed Seth's side of the conversation?

"Myself." I say. "I was talking to myself.

"Oh, okay."

His thumb tips my chin up so my eyes are locked with his beautiful dark irises.

"You truly do have beautiful eyes, Angel."

I kissed him. I did on sharp instinct, mostly to get the taste of Seth out of my mouth. I pull away after the brief moment only to find him shocked.

"Um..I should get you new sheets," I mutter hastily standing and scuffling out the door.

There were about a million reasons why I kissed Daemon Victorian II, but the biggest one was to see if I could feel that beautiful warmth that sparked when I kissed Seth. To see if I could feel that same energy that made me want to lock our lips forever.

But I felt nothing.