Bright Light

A bone numbing chill hugs all around me. I could feel my breathe returning, and my vision lightening. The sound of my own heartbeat was a welcome melody to my ears.

I burst up, my skin cringing as I realize I'm laying on something cold, and metal. There is some kind of plastic on top of me, and I push it off, cold bumps forming on my arm.

Where am I?

I look around to see more plastic sheets and metal beds surrounding me. I study them closer, thankful my vision was strengthening, and I notice that they''re all bodies.

Dead bodies.

I try to shriek but nothing comes out. I'm completely mute, my whole body stiff and foreign feeling. Like every one of my limbs had decided to simultaneously fall asleep. Only instead of feeling pens and needles I felt forks and knives.

I try to speak, to scream, but I can't make a noise. I get frustrated, my mind racing with questions, and I demanded answers. Where did my voice go? What the hell happened? Where am I?

"Calm down Angel!" I hear a voice yell. I look around to find where the sound had came from and see a servant, well she had servants clothes on anyway. I could barely see her face because of the blue freezing iridescent light that lit up the room.

"Where am I?" I finally squeak out thankful to hear my voice returning.

"A freezing locker. This is where they keep all mortals that die. It's storage."

Flashes of the past pop up in my head, and that's when I remember.

The affair...the lies...Dimitri. I think back to when I walked in on the horrible scene, which is by the way burned into my memory forever, then I recall Leonardo chasing and eventually catching me. Then the feeling of air being dragged from my lungs, that horrible sound of my own neck breaking...

"Am I dead?" I shiver.

"Look can we save the questions for after we get out of here. I've been waiting here for you forever, and I'm freezing," the woman complains while grabbing my hand. She tugs me along, and as I try to accompany her I look down and realize I'm completely naked.

"Where are my clothes?" I gasp.

"Obviously not on you," she says. I keep the cover that laid on top of me following her out of the freezer. My legs felt wobbly and brand new underneath me, and I stumble to keep up with her.

I walk past the tables of bodies, my stomach churning though it felt completely empty. She brought me to a door, and turned the handle. Light leaked into the room, and my eyes clamped shut from the bright exposure as if I was a new born, seeing light for the very first time.

***

A/N

First chapter of part two!

I'd like to dedicate this chapter too...

@iamcresha!!

For being a very supportive reader and having some of the best comments I've ever read!

So anyway...

Comment!

Vote!

The Comment Again!!!