A Choice to be Made

I clutched a broom in my hand and dragged it against the floor of the balcony. My mine was numb, and my body was set on auto pilot. My head was to busy to focus on my chores today. The moonlight was pretty much all we ever had for light, night was simply twenty four hours long, but I use to always hear stories about how there use to be a bright star that beamed rays on our land. It was back when people were free, back when Royals were just a myth.

Now the sun only rises once a month for a week, days all Royals fear, and a day where all mortals are forced to stay in doors. They called it Abstract day. It was a sad thing to admit but from my seventeen years of living I've never seen actual sunlight. And I probably never will.

I kept thinking about Daemon, and the comprise he offered me. Do I really wanna show up on his doorsteps, unprotected and alone? I kept thinking all he wanted was to hurt me, take what he wanted of me then drink me dry. But if he really didn't care about my life then why didn't he turn me in the first time he caught me looking at him?

Most royals I've worked for can't stand a human breathing too close to them, yet he was practically an inch away from me today.

"There you are!" I hear a voice call. My heart speed faster than light at the sound of the voice and my lungs struggled to keep up with it. I turn and to my surprise, it wasn't Daemon. It was a servant boy, and he was doing something I haven't seen people do in a while. He was smiling.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked, my voice sounding foreign to my own ears.

"Of course," he said stepping from the door way and into the moonlight. I got a better view of his face, and noticed that the crescent moon shaped tattoo under his eye was fresh and unfaded. He must be a new servant here, which would explain why he was smiling. "I'm sorry about earlier, but I'm glad to see you're okay."

I furrowed my brow and cocked my head. What the hell was he talking about?

"Earlier, I bumped into you, and you broke quite a few glasses. Remember? I'm surprised they didn't punish you," he chuckles. I recall the awful moment in my head, not remembering his face, but yes I do remember him bumping into me. I eye him up and down, noting his broad shoulders and bulky appearance.

"You're new here?"

"Yes, how'd you know?" He asked, the suspicion obvious in his tone.

"Most servants don't really acknowledge each other, let along talk to each other."

"Well maybe I'm not like most servants." My eyes reach for the heavens as I continue sweeping, trying my best to ignore his existence. The last thing I wanted was a Royal to see us not working. "So how long have you been here?"

Is he serious? I turn my back so he'd take a hint, continuing my work.

"That's a very nice ass you have there," he comments. I swivel around and scowl at him, my cheeks heating with a bright rose color against the cold wind of the night. He chuckles at my reaction, his dark eyes lighting up and showing the slightest color of hazel.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, I just came to make sure you were okay."

"Don't you have work to do?"

"Nope. My shifts over for the night." I sigh and try to focus on my work again as he begins to stroll around the wide balcony. It's getting late...I think, and I still haven't decided if I'm meeting that Royal or not. Maybe he'll simply forget about me, maybe I'll come out of this with all fingers and toes intact. The more and more I thought about it, the more and more I regretted it. I'm starting to think my quick glances of him and sneak peaks weren't really worth it.

"So what's your name?" The servant boy said, once again crashing my train of thoughts. I groan, pushing as much irritation and annoyance I could into the sound. "If you tell me I'll leave you alone for the night."

"I don't do bargaining," I seethe thinking about the last deal I struck.

"My name is Seth," he introduces. I sigh caving in.

"My name is Angel. There now leave me alone."

"I thought you didn't make bargains." I narrow my eyes at him. I was about to retort something back, but the loud toll of a bell halts me.

My shift was over.

I clutch my broom and walk away from him glad to be getting some rest.

"I'll see you later, Angel," Seth calls.

"No you wont," I call back over my shoulder. A smile almost threatens to appear, but I push it away. I haven't spoken that much in years.

I plot down the corridors towards the servants's quarters. For a minute there I almost forgot about the unforgettable events that occurred today. I come to the end of the hall before I come to a decision. The two paths ahead of me literally holding my future at their destinations. There was a hall on the left, and a hall on the right, one way lead to the servants's bedding area, the other led to the Royals' chambers, where Daemon told me to meet him.

I take a deep breathe, and make my decision walking down the hall on the left...

***

A\N

So what have u thought so far?

Comment Pleasseee!

Suggestions are welcomed!

Predictions are loved!

VOTE if u like it!