Angel.

Erica burst into her room, and I squealed in alarm. At first I thought she saw me, but Mara's tight grip on my arm reassured me I was invisible to her eyes.

She wasn't alone either. There was a Royal woman, her hair jet black and stained with streaks of a vibrant pink. Her face seemed idly familiar but I couldn't match her identity with any clear memories.

"Who is that?" I whisper.

"That's Jocelyn, the woman Daemon was suppose to marry."

"Why does she look so familiar?"

"You might recognize her from the mall when Dimitri was attacked. She sort of kicked him in the ribs."

I recall the memory and I automatically don't like her. I knew I recognized that pink streaked black raven hair from somewhere. But what on earth was she doing with Erica?

"Your sister cries like a little bitch," Jocelyn says helping Erica pick up her precariously scattered clothing.

"You'd cry too if you'd lost a daughter," Erica retorted seeming offended.

"Not if it was a mortal. I still can't believe Daemon wants a burial for his maid! That's so stupid!"

"I bet Alex came and fucked up my room." Erica grumbled.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I don't like speaking ill of the dead." Erica murmured.

"I don't see why he cared so much, I saw her body and she was not that pretty." Jocelyn ranted on. I really wanted to let go of Mara and scare the hell out of her, but Mara's tight grasp meant that wasn't about to happen. Now I see why they're friends, bitch attracts bitch.

"How do you know Seth?" I whisper to Mara. "He suppose to be imaginary," I almost sob. Everything was so clear, I was finally getting answers, but as soon as I did more mysteries formed and more questions came out of nowhere.

"I told you, you don't have to whisper they can't hear you."

"How did Seth find out I died?"

"He just knew." she stated simply.

"Does he know Leo did it?"

"No! Are you kidding? I couldn't risk letting him know that...he probably would have mauled him."

"So are you feeling homesick yet?" Erica asked folding her last piece of clothing.

"Let's go," I say to Mara. "We don't need to listen to them anymore."

"Okay," she agreed steering me towards the door.

"Of course I don't miss home!" Jocelyn exclaimed. "Not with all the attacks and everything."

I pause, halting Mara in the process. The attacks...what was she talking about?

"What attacks?" Erica asked suddenly intrigued.

"We don't know, we think it's either a mortal rebellion, or a Royal one."

"What makes you think Royals would attacked you?"

"I don't think a mortal could have done the damage that's been done to us."

That's terrible..where is my fucking silk dress?!" Erica bellowed. Mara pulled me out the room without making a noise and down the hall. Her sudden urgency leaving me suspicious.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just didn't want to hear anymore."

****

"Come on it's time to get you out of here."

"Wait...you mean out the mansion?" I asked horrified. I lean back putting some of my weight down so Mara would stop tugging me along with her.

"Yes. Don't worry I'm taking you to Seth." It was a tempting offer but I have way too much unfinished business! Too many unanswered questions.

"But I don't wanna go. I have to tell Dimitri and Daemon and Audrey and Moreau..."

"You can't tell anyone your alive."

"Why?"

"Why do you think I got you killed in the first place?"

"You wanted me to die!?"

"Yes, I wanted them to think you were dead. That way when we left the mansion no one would come looking for you."

"I'm not leaving!" I say disobediently. "I can't."

"What are you leaving behind? They don't care about you."

"If they didn't care about me, you wouldn't have to worry about them coming after me."

She narrows her eyes at me, and continues walking effectively dragging me with her. No matter how much I pulled I couldn't get away, gods she's so damn strong.

"Wait please, at least let me tell Dimitri!"

"No."

"Wait! What about Lillian!"

"Who?" She snaps.

"Lilly. Moreau and Adelle's mortal child. Are you really gonna leave her here to be raised by Royals." She thinks for a moment, taking in my words.

"You're right, we'll take her with us," she agrees.

"Good! While you go get the baby, I'll go see Dimitri."

She exaggerates a groan, but nods in agreement releasing me from her clutch.

"Can you stay out of sight for me?"

"I'll try."

"I mean it! Don't let no one but Dimitri see you."

****

A/N

Hey people just to let you know I'm sort of on vacation driving to Canada...

So forgive me if I miss a day of updating or anything or if the chapter is shorter than usual.

But feel completely free to comment for me to update that's always appreciated. :D

So comment...

Vote...

Then comment again!

Das it!