Betrayed

"Dimitri's dead," Audrey said not meeting Daemon's eyes.

My breathe halted at her cruel cold words. My eyes flooded as my blood rang in my ears. I thought I might see my dinner again, my stomach not wanting to hold anything.

"T-there wasn't anything you can do for him?" Daemon gasped. A bit of hope appeared and I lifted my blurry vision to Audrey's, only to see her face fall with regret.

"Daemon he was mutilated. His blood was all over his bed room. We could barely even recognize the body."

My throat closes and I gasp for air. This can't be happening. I was just speaking to him a few hours ago. His eyes were alight with humor and joy, he was just here. It felt like I was stuck in an infinite nightmare. Gods, how could this have happened?

"What else?" Daemon asked.

"Adelle is missing, and father was wounded. No one saw the attackers, but they left a series of notes on the walls."

"Could it have been the eastern Royals?"

"I don't think Royals could have done this Daemon."

He turns to me, silent not knowing what to say, and my grief suddenly boils into something more powerful.

Anger.

"Are you happy now?" I rage as I wiped away free falling tears. "You don't have to worry about me being around him anymore..."

"Angel--" he sympathized.

I didn't want to hear it. I turned on my heel and ran away. I wanted to flee to my room but I was halted as my eyes took on a horrid scene.

There were blood stains, fresh and dripping all over the walls. AV blood by the gallons. There were claw marks over furniture, gashes on the ceiling, tiles ripped off the floor, nothing was unmarked. On one wall someone actually took the time to spell out, "We're Coming."

The weight of all the damage, all the casualties, were on me. I could barely hold myself up with all the guilt.

It's my fault for Dimitri's demise. I'll never hear another Omigods, or exaggerated dramatic cry. I'll never get to look at his gold irises or night black hair. I've lost my closest and only friend, and I only have myself to blame.

I walked like a zombie to my room, afraid to see the damage. But as I peeked in, nothing was touched. The only thing that was moved was Ginger, who laid on the floor. The one relic I had of Dimitri's life, was a teddy bear.

This was what Mara meant. I do need Ginger. She'a all I have left.

I wanted to drown myself in
my own tears, push myself into death and then to heaven, hoping to see Dimitri along the way. But this isn't over yet. This wasn't the attack, it was a warmup. What Kaden had said was true, the Victorian family, or whats left of it, was in danger.
***
I walked swiftly past Royals cleaning up the mess. When I say cleaning the mess, I mean the dead bodies. Barely any mortals were left, but not from casualties. When the eastern Royal representatives came, a lot of the mortal servants had to be abandoned, and a lot of mortal things were unwelcome. Like Dimitri's room, it was completely redesigned. His amazing creativity and style was snatched out of it, and a more gothic look was replaced. At first I had no idea why, nor did I care, but now realization was my friend.

I clutched a silver butter knife in my hand like it was my life line, and it was. Not much of a weapon at all, but I had a strong hunch, and for the first time ever I felt like I was protected. One of Moreau's teachings actually came in handy, that and life experience.

I headed straight for Jocelyn's room, not even bothering to knock. She was on her bed casually eyeing a large TVscreen that hung on her wall. Her room, like mine was untouched. It was immaculate. The walls were a bright pink with gorgeous wood crown molding, and the furniture was all antique, it seemed she had made herself quite at home.

She barely even move when I entered the room as if I wasn't a threat at all. My presence was barely acknowledged and she seemed calm and at peace with herself compared to the hectic emotions raging through the mansion at the moment. This made me angry.

"Angel," she greeted. "What a nice surprise to what do I owe the meeting?" I can hear the sarcasm in her voice.

Enraged, I stomped over to her and stabbed her in the shoulder with the small dull butter knife. Just as I expected she shrieked in pain and lunged away from me clutching where the butter knife made contact with her
skin as if I had thrown fire in her direction.

"What are you--"

"I know what you are!" I taunt, my voice a chilling Arctic cold temperature.

"How..."

"I finally get it!" I chuckle. "You're not an eastern Royal, you're one of them, a monster. You killed all the eastern Royals, and took their place. Posing as Royals. Genius."

"I don't know what you're talking--"

"Shut up!" I scream. "Don't you dare play dumb with me! I know what you are! You didn't come here to unite the clans, you came here to destroy everyone."

I basically recited Kaden's words, but I put a new fierceness in between each letter. My blade came down again and this time I sliced at her leg leaving a dark burn mark. They were allergic to such a simple element it was a surprise they had an advantage on the Victorian family. I planned to tell them of this intriguing discovery so the next attack would definitely have a better outcome.

"How do you know that?" She growled. Her eyes were a glowing hazel shade just as Daemon said, but I knew they weren't contacts.

"Are you kidding me? It's so obvious. That's why James said nothing of the wolf in the garden! Remember, when you led me there to be raped?!"I yelled slicing at her again. She screamed a tortured cry again trying to scoot away but she was halted when she felt the bed post at her back.

All those times when I thought Seth was being ignorant and stubborn when he refused to touch Royal objects came back to my memory. Only now do I realize that all the objects I had told him to touch were silver. He wasn't being annoying he was protecting himself. I remember I waved a spoon at Mara and she jumped like I had a knife. It all made sense now.

"What I don't understand is why you were so desperate to be with Daemon? Why were you circled around my life? As if it wasn't hell enough!" I yelled pressing the knife to her throat.

I know it was most likely not her who killed Dimitri but the rage I felt channeled straight to the creature whimpering before me.

"We were protecting you!" She gasped.

"What?!" I snapped pulling away. If my ears are hearing a lie I swear I will cut her tongue out.

"Seth and Mara were sent here to keep you safe and away from Royals. They failed." she went on, thankful the metal was away from her. "So Roman was told to keep you from losing your virginity and heart to a Royal. He failed. So
when we got here, we were ordered to keep you away from the Royal you loved. Daemon. But...we failed."

"So Kaden intervened." I finished. I looked down at her my eyes narrowing in hatred. "So this was just some job to you? You don't even care for Daemon, do you?"

"No. I didn't have a choice," she whimpers. "When you were sold to the Victorian family three and a half years ago, we targeted them. Before then the eastern clan was already destroyed, and I was forced to follow Kaden. I didn't pick this Angel! We only attacked here next to get you out."

Mara tried to help me escape from the Victorian family right after I died. If I had only gone with her none of this would have happened. It was truly all my fault.

I step back from her shocked and horrified.

"I'm sorry, Jocelyn." I sighed feeling pity for her. She was an eastern Royal or at least she used to be. Her home was probably taken from her as well. She probably suffered what I suffered today 100 times over.

"Please, don't tell Kaden I told you." she whispers.

I give her a nod before I exit her room, and run to find Daemon.
***
They were in the conference room having a family meeting. Mr and Mrs.Victorian were here, Mr.Victorian bearing a cast on his right arm. Audrey was here, the last daughter of the Victorian family. Leo and Daemon looked clouded with thoughts as conversation rang through the table.

Roman, Alex, and Moreau were here as well. They had the nerve to show up to the family they were sabotaging.

"Angel what the fuck are you doing here?!" Leo greets me. "This is a family meeting, you don't belong here."

"It wasn't the eastern Royals who attacked!" I state ignoring him. The three imposers eyes widened with shock.

"How do you know that?" Mr.Victorian asked, his voice dominating.

"The eastern Royals are dead. The people who came to represent them aren't Royals, they're lying to you."

"That's a bold claim, Angel," Daemon says.

"It's true! Alex, Moreau and Roman aren't Royals either, they're monsters"

"She's lying." Leo scoffs. "It wasn't until she came that all hell broke lose. We hadn't seen an attack ever, but then she came along. It's probably the demons we've heard about. They're probably after her soul."

"No! What? That's not what's happening!" I exclaim.

"She did come back from the dead, mother." Audrey adds on. "Twice."

Okay the first time yes I died, but the second time I didn't! How can they not believe me?

"Funny how as soon as your away from the mansion and out of harms way there is an attack," Moreau said.

"No! For crying out loud, look!" I say grabbing a spoon and tapping Alex on the hand with it. A sizzle came from his skin and he moved away clutching his hand.

"See! She uses dark magic!" He claimed.

Is he serious?!?

"She's probably one of them. They'll kill us all if we don't get rid of her," Roman chimes in.

Oh my gods this can't be happening!

"Daemon please tell me you believe me." I pleaded. His face was indifferent. I pale, a gasp escaping my lips. He doesn't believeme.

"She talks to herself all the time! She was probably speaking to them!" Audrey said.

"She has no fear for Royals? What mortal do you know would ever even look at a Royal? She isn't a mortal!" Mrs.Victorian accused.

"That is it! Enough!" Mr.Victorian yelled over the accusations. "Angel," he addressed me, his eyes boring into mine. "As father of the Victorian family, I hereby place you under arrest."
****
A/N
Heyyy
So sorry this chapter was a few hours late, but still here.

So the very last chapter will be posted tomorrow, and I still haven't decided if I wanted to make a second book.

So...

Tell me if you liked the book!!!!
Comment! And Vote!! Then Comment again! Make my day!!!

So Das It!