Defect

"Why are your irises green?" I ask stumped and utterly shocked. I back up a little frightened at the otherworldly jade green color.

"Calm down, its just a defect," he explains casually. "Like how Dimitri lost his memory."

"Oh, so your eyes are just naturally a drop dead gorgeous green?"

"Yes," he chuckles.

"What other defects can you have?"

"Anything really. I have a defect in my hair as well. I'm sure Dimitri and I aren't the only ones. Adelle's red hair is a defect..." He trails off but I don't listen having my own realization.

Huh. Maybe what Alex has, with his warm skin, is a defect. That would actually explain a lot. I smile, feeling so much better, so much weight being pushed of my chest. I can't help but smile. For a second my life doesn't seem so weird and fucked up.

"Wait..." I say leaning against my desk. "If your eyes are already beautiful then why do you wear contacts?"

"Because, my real eye color makes Adelle jealous," he admits regretfully.

"You really hate her, don't you?"

"Of course I hate her," he sighs. "She took everything from me. I had a lot as a mortal. A life, a love...she took it all."

"I'm sorry..." I whisper. God I hate that woman. I mean she's exactly what you'd expect from an immortal. Cockiness, full of herself...simply horrible. "You wanna get her back?" He looks up at me curious and I bravely step forward, closing the distance between us. When we're barely an inch apart, my eyes bore into his asking for permission.

The next thing I know our lips are touching. He grabs my thigh and pulls it up so I'm pressed against him and I drape my arms around his neck. There are so many things wrong with this but they seem outweighed by all the positive sides.

On one hand, I could give my virginity to someone who deserved it, and not risk it being stolen by Roman.

But on the other had, I didn't love Moreau, I liked him...he was a gentlemen, plus he's married, with a child...

I considered pulling away from his strong, inviting, pleasingly cold grasp, I was going to but...something beat me to it...

"Get your fucking hands off her!"

***

A/N

Only one more chapter then part one of Simply Difficult is over. :(

But part two is coming very soon!

Why is the book divided into two parts u may ask?

Because I want it to be! XD

So what questions will be answered???

What crazy shit will be revealed??

Shout out to the awesome girl @iloveriley for being the only one to actually guess the big reveal of the story! And for showing so much love with votes and comments! \(^o^)/

So comment !

And vote!

Then comment again!

Das it!