Chapter 26

Alexis' POV

Miserable. That's what I've been all week so far. I've been wracking my brain non-stop, trying to figure out what is going and how the hell I'm going to get out of it. That man, though he very much deserved the beating, has a lot of connections and a long history of crime according to my background check, which puts me on a lot of people's bad side.

I was lucky I got even that considering his ID was completely illegal, leading me to believe that's not his identity at all. However, I'm going to use whatever I do have against him to the best of my ability.

I was up all night devising a complex plan to take him down, and I think I've finally come up with the perfect plan to do just that. The first part of it starts tonight at the Underground, and even though I've been completely drained all week, I am going to succeed tonight and every time after that.

This week was definitely a bad one. I've been dodging Lil and Dylan now for days except to let them know I'm okay, my head has been hurting since the fight, and my emotions have been all over the place.

Usually I have Lil and Dylan here for me with things like this, but not this time. I can't chance either one of them getting pulled into something that I can't even manage to get a grip on, it's too dangerous. I was relieved when they said they couldn't come to my fight tonight because now I know what's going to go down and I can't have them there.

Although I'm nervous for my fight, I have too much drive to let it bother me. Its already 9 and I have to be to the Underground by 10 to prepare. I quickly get ready, throwing on a pair of sweatpants with spandex underneath and a hoodie to fight in this time, for once I need all the advantage I can get for my plan.

I put on my usual makeup for my fights and my black combat boots then head out the door, making sure I have all the proper gear I need, including my mask and a full tank of gas in my motorcycle.

I swiftly put on my helmet, not bothering to worry about my long hair. I swing my bag with all my gear in it onto my back and jump onto my motorcycle. Once it's started, I ride off, not even paying attention to any of the speed limits as I make my way to the Underground.

By the time I get there it's already 9:37 pm. I park my bike in the usual alley and take off my helmet to reveal my messy hair. I brush my fingers through it a couple of times before opening my bag and putting my mask on.

At this point, it's not even used much for my identity since I don't use it for racing, but it's my trademark look that lets everyone know who I am. I want to be recognized for my mask in the ring, not for my face or for my hair.

I make my way into the Underground, getting the nod of approval from the bouncer when I walk up. I slide my way through the crowds, not wanting to cause a scene until my fight starts.

With one last step I'm into the training rooms and maneuvering my way to the room set aside for the fighters. Since I'm a usual, I have my own room, and go straight there to prepare for the night. Even from here, I can hear the loud crowds of people hollering as the two fighters take hit after hit from one another.

The crowd's cheers suddenly spike in volume, meaning one of the fighters has finally claimed victory. My head is spinning with all the possibilities that could happen tonight. If everything goes as planned then I'll be fine, but if not, then who knows what could happen to me.

I shake away the thoughts of failing and focus on getting myself ready. I take off my hoodie to reveal the black sports bra I have on and quickly throw my hair up in a ponytail before readjusting my mask. Even though it's juts me in here right now, I don't want to get caught without it on tonight for some reason.