Chapter 21

Alexis' POV

It was the last race of the night and I was more than excited to say the least. I knew that Lil and Dylan would be getting home tomorrow, so I was enjoying my last moment of freedom. The guy in the car next to me that I raced last time along with Mason was still next to me, which was a little odd.

I just shook off the feeling and got ready for the race. I quickly did a once over to the new competitor's car as he pulled into the spot Mason had left just minutes ago. As the starting shot was heard the mystery racer and I shot off the starting line, leaving the new racer behind.

We were practically neck and neck and I really didn't like that, and apparently he didn't either. Just as I was about to speed up he rammed into the side of my car, effectively whipping me to the left just enough for me to bang my head against the window.

However, my pain was quickly replaced with anger and I floored it. My car began to pick up speed quickly but it didn't seem like enough he was still in the lead so I made a rash decision. I saw the small opening and took it.

The finish line was just ahead and I know if I didn't do it now then the cheating asshole would win. I flipped the switch knowing I had no other choice and lurched forward as the turbos kicked in. I passed the finish mere inches before the mystery racer and stayed in my car to keep myself from getting out and beating the shit out of this guy.

When he stepped out of his car I finally saw him for the first time, and I didn't like what I saw.

Before he could make any advancements towards me I sped away from Wreck, knowing that I might not be able to collect my money. If I stayed though, the alternative could have been a lot worse.

I drove away like I had someone chasing after me, because I did.

As I drove flashbacks started to come back to me in blurs, piece by piece. The man that I had just seen seemed to cloud my memories, all the dots slowing starting to connect as they came rushing back to me.

The sounds of her screams resonating throughout the flipped car. The look of her father's face as he layed there unmoving. The sound of the sirens ringing out as she sat there struggling to reach her mother. The sight of the blood splattered living room in her childhood home. The view she had of the man that collided into them get out of the car. The appearance of the intruders faces as they lay next to her father seemingly looking asleep despite all the blood.

All my life I had the feeling that I was forgetting a major piece to the puzzle, one that would make my life and grief finally make sense. Because of tonight, I was able to figure out one of the lost memories that I so desperately needed. Now that I have it though, I don't want it.

That one man seemed to drive my life over the edge of sanity and I could no longer keep it in control. I broke down. My once suttle tears turned to loud sobs as the memories kept coming. I slammed on my brakes and got out of the car only to find myself on a deserted road.

I couldn't care less though. I got out of my car and slammed the door, trying to take out all of my emotions on my car door. I didn't know what to think or do anymore. I dint know how to find my way out of the mess I call my life.

I pull at my hair as tears stream down my face. I don't even know how I feel right now. I'm angry, sad frustrated, but most of all, I'm desperate. I'm desperate for all my problems to go away. I'm desperate to have my family by my side. But most of all, I'm desperate to have something good happen in my life.

My entire life has been a giant sob story that's on constant replay in my head and it never goes away. Sure I fight, race, go to school, but I do all those things to distract me from the real problems in my life, the grief and sadness in my life.

Finally, I realize something. I realize that this is my chance to avenge my family. With that thought in mind, I stop my brain from wandering to my dark past and sit down against my car door, the cold ground somehow calming me down.

I close my eyes and take deep breathes as I lean my head against the car door. It seems like minutes pass before I manage to collect myself enough to the point that I'll be able to drive home safely. I wipe my tears and release a breath I had been holding since my thoughts began to get jumbled up.

Just as I was getting in my car I see headlights coming down the road. They didn't have a very far distance to drive down before they would be able to spot me so I quickly get in my car and start it. The headlights continue to get closer and closer.

Just as I go to close my door the car comes to a stop directly next to my car. 

"Having car troubles?" I hear a familiar voice ask. I look over to see a smirking Jackson sitting in the car next to me. As soon as he sees me his face twists into a look I could call concern. "Hey you alright?" he asks, his voice turning soft as he evaluates my appearance.

"Not at all." I reply. "And that applies to which question?" he asks, still looking straight at me as if he's  going to read my mind. "The first one." I reply, managing to keep my voice from shaking as I speak, before slamming my car door shut and taking off down the road, a million questions about my past, and now present too, evading my mind as I drive. I have so much more to say to him but I'll save them for Monday because I have a feeling he'll want to talk or something.

For some reason Jackson and the man from the race track continue to bombard my brain no matter how hard I try to block them out. I'm thinking about Jackson because he always manages to find me at my weakest moments, the rare moments that I allow myself to let out all the pent up thoughts and feelings about my life. I want him to see me as who I really am, a strong girl that wont let anyone push her around.

The man from the race track however is a whole other story. The sight of him gives me the creeps and makes me want to cry or punch him in the face repeatedly. Probably the second one much more than the first. I can't even comprehend the fact that the man that was the missing piece to the puzzle and that ruined my life literally just drove into my life.

I find myself at the race track I found out in the woods. I didn't feel like going home yet and this was the one place I knew I could just relax at. It seemed like hours before I could finally get two definite thoughts in my head and all the others out.

One was, I really have to stop acting so weak in front of Jackson because it's starting to piss me off, which means next time I see him I have to show him who I really am, a badass that he shouldn't mess with. And two, how did the man that I saw laying dead in my living room, the one that killed my mom and my dad, manage to not only fake his death, but find me at the same time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the longest chapter ever but it's definitely an important one! Comment what you think please and expect another update soon!