Chapter 24

Alexis' POV

Agreeing to meet with him was a huge mistake. All day I've been practically dragging my feet I'm so tired. I had finished doing my homework late last night around 1:00 a.m. when I got a call from Damien. He told me there was urgent news regarding the gang and  to meet him at the gang house ASAP to help him figure it all out.

So, me being me, I race towards the gang house in the late hours of the night just to find a smiling Damien in the parking lot. I walked right into the trap, and once I got within slapping distance of Damien, I was being pelted by several water balloons from all directions.

They said it was because I was late to the gang meeting a week or so ago, but I know it was because I've just been slacking a little lately regarding the gang. I didn't end up getting home until around 3:00 a.m., and then I had to shower again because it was definitely not just water in those balloons. The funky smell surrounding me afterwards had given me a slight idea of what substance had been in the nasty balloons that they had mercilessly thrown at me.

Needless to say, I was beyond tired by the time I was finally able to go to sleep. In total, I think I got about two and a half hours of sleep. A girls got to do what a girls got to do though, so I braved my sleepy state and trudged my way through school.

Just the thought of having to deal with Jackson at all has me wanting to snooze for the whole week. Sometimes the guy is just too much work, and too much energy has to be exerted to keep up with his snarky comments.

However, Jackson isn't my only problem today. Besides everything else that's going on I've been dying to take off this stupid wig all day. It's been nothing but troublesome. The entire disguise I guess has been annoying all day. The wig is itchy and the stupid fake braces have been bothersome since I popped them into my mouth this morning.

Overall, I am just not in a very good mood. With a sigh, I make my way towards the library and push open the light wood doors that lead me to my impending death. Just kidding, but seriously I think I'm going to die of a lack of sleep...and annoyance...and overall disguise discomfort.

Empty. The library is completely empty, not even the librarian is in here at the moment like she should be. With yet another sigh, I move towards the desk at the very back and sit down. After five minutes of waiting, I lay my head down on the table and doze off, not being able to fight the sleep any longer.

Poke. Poke. Poke. I slowly wake up to the sound of muffled laughter and something repeatedly poking me in the head. "You think she's awake?" I hear someone ask. "I am now." I say groggily, keeping my head where it's at.

For some reason, my arms seem to be a very comfortable pillow right now. I slowly lift my head up from between my arms and come face to face with the three muskateers themselves. Once I see it's them, I groan before laying my head down between my arms once again.

I hear them laugh as I try to drift back to sleep, which is a very difficult task thanks to the three idiots poking my head. "Oh my gosh I'll just wake up if you guys are going to be annoying." I mumble, lifting my head off my arms for the second time and standing up.

I almost stumble because of my tired state, but catch myself before I lose my footing. I steady myself once again for safe measures before grabbing my backup that was on the table and swinging it over my shoulder. 

I begin to walk out of the library before a chorus of voices stop me in my exit. "Where are you going?", "You okay?", and the last one, "Can we come with?". The last one came from Austin of course. I turned around and faced them.

"I'm going somewhere to sleep. Yes I'm fine, I'm just really tired. And to be honest, I would rather sleep in peace." I tell them, answering all of their questions in one full sweep. I turn around and begin to walk out of the doors once again before a certain group of boys fall in step next to me.