Chapter 14

Jackson's POV

After talking to my sector of the gang about my plan we began to work out all the details. We decided to make our move Monday once school gets out. Going into school that day I looked around for the nerd's car but came up empty, making our plan ten times easier than we thought it would be. After I alerted my gang of the changes I go into school like normal, going to all my classes even though my mind was practically in another dimension.

For some reason the feeling of anxiety kept clouding my head the entire day. Usually when we do anything regarding the gang I just skip the day of school to focus solely on the mission, but this time I can't. The plan I conjured up requires me to attend school for the day in order to keep an eye on the target, Alexis. Knowing that the plan has to be executed perfectly in order for it to work I give myself a mental pep talk and continue to scan the hallway for the nerd or at least her friends, the few that she has at least.

At school she seems to be attached to some girl named Lilah and a boy named Dylan. I never see her talking to anyone else unless they're making fun of her like Lydia does. I've never really liked Lydia she's a slut and a bitch, something I've experienced many times by just walking through the hallways and seeing her slobbering on some jock or bullying some random student.

Thinking back, I've never really seen the nerd that often, even during school hours. The only time she's ever caught my full attention was when Lydia decided to attack her the other day and when we were assigned to be partners in class. Other than that I don't think I have ever seen her outside of school before.

Austin comes up next to me, punching me jokingly in the arm and effectively pulling me from my thoughts. Soon after Caden comes up next to him, mumbling something about being so energetic in the morning. He's never been a morning person like Austin, he prefers to sleep until noon than wake up before noon. I'm kind of right in between I could wake up early but if it was my choice I would sleep in a little later.

As the bell for last period rings I go and camp out in the bathroom until I get a text from Caden saying the hallways are cleared. Opening the door to the bathroom I stroll out and take a swift look around just in case there are any strays he might have missed. Once I finish the hallway check that comes up clear, and walk towards the back doors of the school and step out, welcoming the small breeze that hits me.

I begin the walk towards the front of the school, kicking stones and leaves as I walk. Checking my phone I quickly ask Austin if the parking lot is clear and if Alexis is looking out the window. If she sees me then the entire plan will be ruined and I'll be completely exposed.

After I get confirmation on both I poke my head around the side of the building making sure the coast is clear. Soundlessly I walk over to the white van that we positioned by the side of the building and unlock the doors. I hastily open the door and practically jump into the van not wanting to get caught.

I told the guys to park the van in a handicap spot facing her classroom during lunch time so it wouldn't just pull in and then right back out during last period, it might look a little suspicious. Looking at the rearview mirror I see that the idiots forgot to put a handicap parking sigh in the window, they're lucky it hasn't gotten ticketed yet. Rolling my eyes at their stupidity I look out the windshield toward her classroom, having to duck every now and then when her eyes wander towards the parking lot.