Chapter 25

Alexis's POV

After I got home last night, I instantly called Damien and asked him to look into this guy's background and everything. I never told him who the person was or why he had to do it, but I was glad when he didn't ask questions.

I also made sure to tell him that he couldn't tell anyone about this. He gave me his word and that was that. I really don't want the gang to get involved in all of this, especially Lil and Dylan, unless they have to.

I decided it would be best to stay home from school for the week, I need to completely figure all of this out and I can't do that properly if I spend half the day inside a classroom. Of course, I can't miss school for the entire week either so I arranged for Zeke to come pick up my homework for me.

I would do it myself, but it will make coming up with a good excuse a million times harder. I went for one of the classic excuses, but I honestly couldn't care how basic the excuse is, as long as it keeps my cover for a while.

Today, I've decided to stay at home for the entire day. It's my planning day. I've locked all the doors in my house and turned my cellphone off. If anyone important calls then they know to call my home phone number which I keep for a backup.

I haven't told my plans to Lil and Dylan yet, and I don't plan to. If they ask I'm going to give them the half truth, that I'm working on gang stuff since I've been behind lately. I've also made the decision to go back in the ring again. Now that the murderer is back, I need to keep up on my fighting skills if I have a chance on winning this war.

The man, whos ID read Michael Jones, started this war when he killed my mother, and now I'm going to end it.

Jackson's POV

Ever since last night, I've been calling Alexis non-stop but she never answers. Even though it's only the day after the whole fight occurrence, I can't help but wonder where she's at since she's not at school. I've resorted to looking for her friends since I can't talk to her.

I spot them for the first time today walking into the cafeteria. It's weird, usually they're always together with the exception of that one week. I decide not to talk to them yet, after all, it's only been a day and I'm already going crazy in the head.

I just shrug it off and head off to find Caden and Austin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days. She hasn't been at school for three days and I'm starting to get a little freaked out. After the events of the other night, I can't help thinking about all the things going on in that crazy head of hers.

For the first time this entire week, I contemplate about going to her friends or not. I mean, they probably know what's going on. I make up my mind and scramble the hallways to find them. Since it's lunch time, I open the lunchroom doors and scour the room full of loud voices.

After about five minutes, I'm finally able to spot them near the back of the cafeteria. I make my way towards them, reducing my speed as I go to make myself not look like a psychopath. Once I get there, the girl's laughing stops and is replaced with a hard glare.

For some reason, the look on her face is kind of scary and I swallow hard to keep my nerves at bay. "Hi guys. My name is Jackson. You guys are friends with Alexis right?" I ask, trying to start up the conversation.

"Oh I know who you are. A girl doesn't forget the guy who kidnaps her best friend." she says, crossing her arms over her chest in an intimidating way. The guy next to her is also sending glares my way, but I can tell that he's kind of enjoying seeing the girl like this since he keeps glancing at her from the corner of his eye.