Chapter 17

Jackson's POV

Getting up, I make a beeline for the door despite my aching back from sleeping on the hard couch in my office. I quickly head to the infirmary, practically running down the hallway. With motivation to make it up to her in mind I being to full out run to the infirmary. After last night all three of us felt extremely bad about what we put her through, especially since she never did anything to hurt us, if anything, all she did was help us.

I still had a few more questions to ask her regarding our gang, which is one of the only reasons I locked the door last night. I didn't want to interrogate her especially how last time went, but I knew it was for my gang's safety.

Deciding not to get the guys from the training room I skid to a stop in front of the infirmary, taking a few seconds to catch my breath before pulling the door to the infirmary open. With my head held high I walk down the hallway leading to her room.

Once I get to her door, I go to look in the two-way mirror to see if she's awake. However, instead of seeing a sleeping Alexis I see the words "FUCK YOU" written in all caps. I instantly go into panic mode and, figuring the doors unlocked since she's out, I fling the door open to an Alexis free room. I pull at my hair nervously, managing to mess up my bed head even more.

My eyes dart around the room, trying to find any trace of her. In the small room I spot a notepad sitting on the counter along with a pen and a sharpie that wasn't placed there before. I quickly scan the words on the notepad. The words that somehow manage to provoke so many emotions inside of me; sadness, anger, pity, and nervousness. 

"Touch me ever again and I will personally castrate you. If my secret gets out we'll both be dead along with everyone we care about."

Her words give me so much information without her probably even knowing it. It tells me that she's actually pretty funny with the whole castrate thing, even though I know she most likely would castrate me given the situation. It also tells me that she has a disguise for a reason and whoever she's involved with is dangerous. Dangerous enough to make her go undercover as a nerd and get beat up in school. Dangerous enough to make her threaten my balls, even though that's for other reasons too. Dangerous enough for her to fight.

I begin pacing around the room, trying to figure out this entire situation. Looking at the clock I see that it's only 7:03 a.m. Remembering the boys I sprint out of the room and straight to the training room. I slam the doors open and yell at the top of my lungs "Get the fuck up!" Both of them jump awake and put their hands up like they're going to fight despite their sitting positions on the grounds. It was actually pretty funny.

"What?" Austin mumbles from his position in the far left corner of the gym. "Alexis is gone." I say, and instantly both of them dart off the ground and take off for her room. I quickly lead the way and run along with them back to the room.

Once we're there I show them everything I found, causing a few laughs to escape all of us because of her sass despite the situation.  After they saw everything I ask them the dreaded question that's on all of our minds. "What do we do now?" All of us go into a comfortable silence trying to figure out an answer to the difficult question.

"What about her phone?" Caden asks, a sudden brightness to his voice. "It's in my office come on!" I say, now excited about being able to figure out some of my unanswered questions. Getting to my office I urgently search my pockets for the key to my right drawer before pulling open the once locked drawer.

I hastily pick her phone up and try random passwords until her phone finally unlocks. We were locked out for about an hour an we almost gave up but we finally got it after what seemed like a thousand tries. "Guys I got it!" I shout, causing both of them to jerk out of their sleepy state and bound towards me.

The first thing I do is open her contacts. Empty. There's nothing there besides the basic numbers the phone comes with. Next I go to her pictures only to find that there aren't any pictures either. After opening almost all of her apps, which were very few, I open her notes to see one existing note.

"I'm not that stupid. I wiped the phone. By the way, hasn't anyone ever told you that stalking is rude?"

At the sight of the note I quickly shut the phone off and toss it onto the couch. I rub my hands down my face in defeat. Austin on the other hand is trying not to laugh. "Damn dude she just roasted you...again!" At that both Caden and I let out small smiles. The girl definitely has a way with words that's for sure.

"Now what do we do though?" Caden asks, removing the playful air that was around us. "I say we just stay out of her way at school for the most part and slowly start to get closer to her." Austin says, shrugging his shoulders like it's no big deal. Caden and I share surprised looks before looking over at Austin who completely ignores our stares. "Wow, that was actually a pretty good idea Austin!" I say, slapping him on the back and causing a smirk to rise on his face. "Thanks I am pretty smart" he says, causing us to roll our eyes at him.

"Seriously though, I'm assigned to do a project with her in school so we can start there." I say, both of the boys nodding their heads in agreement. After talking for a while longer we all go home to figure things out since we have school tomorrow. Although I'm nervous I'm almost excited at the same time to get to know the mystery that is Alexis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so there's the next update! The next one will be in Alexis' POV!

Sorry for taking so long to update but school just started soooo.....that's pretty much an explanation in itself...

But the next chapter will be better since the weekend is coming up! Please comment your opinion on the chapter!