Chapter 11

Alexis's POV (sorry unedited)

NIghtmare (In 3rd person POV)

"Mom, are we almost there?" twelve year old asks her mother on their way back from her soccer game. Her mother just laughs at her  daughter's impatience before giving her an amused glance through the ceter mirror in the car.

"Like i said not even two minutes ago, we have about ten more minutes left.". Instead of sounding annoyed, Alexis's mother had a kind and humorous tone in her voice, despite young Alexis's constant whining.

Alexis let out an annoyed sigh before sitting back into her middle chair in the backseat, her favorite seat. Her mother once again chuckled at Alexis before putting her full attention on the road once again.

"Mom, how much longer?" Alexis groaned once again, moving to sit at the edge of her seat with her elbows on her knees and her hands on either side of her face.

Alexis got the same reaction from her mother as she did last time not even five minutes ago. Alexis just stared out the windshield while her mother continued to drive. As her mother continued to drive down the road they came onto the first intersection since getting back into town. Slowlying down the car, Alexis's mother came to a stop at the red light.

Many impatient groans and remarks later the light finally turned green, allowing Alexis's mother, Catherine, to move into the intersection. Alexis, who was still at the edge of her seat, sceamed at her mother once she saw the incoming truck heading towards their direction. Despite him having a red light, the man, who was obviously tipsy from his appearence, continue to drive towards them.

When her daughter scremed, the woman looked around in all directions before finally landing on the oncoming truck. She tried speeding up, but before they could move any farther the truck hit the driver side of their car, causing screams to erupt in side the SUV as it rolled twice before finally stopping on the passenger side.

After that everything went in slow motion as Alexis screamed at cried at her unmoving mother who sat still and unresonsive in the driver seat, the seatbelt preventing either of them from moving. Minutes later, the car was eventually pushed over by bystanders so that it sat on all four tires.

Once the car was flipped, Alexis continued toscream bloody murder and cry towards her mother, who was still unresponsive. Just seconds after the car was flipped, it wass surrounded by police officers, firefighters, and paramedics who were attempting to get at least one of the four doors to open.

Finally, after several tries, they got the back passenger side door to come off. Tuning out everything around her Alexis watched and cried hysterically as men were able to get the driver side door open and remover her mother's seatbelt. She could hear distant voices in the background but payed no attention to them, her only focus was her mother.

Hearing a ripping sound, Alexis looked down at her body to see her seatbelt was now off and laying on the seat to her right. Doing a personal evaluation, she looked over her body only to notice a large gash in her side that had blood continuously coming out of it.

Alexis hadn't even noticed the cuts and bruises that already littered her body from the crash because her only focus was her mother. Once she saw the marks on her body she began to notice the pain they ere emitting as well.

She finally looker to her right, seeing three men looking at her simpathetically and worriedly as they tried to get her out of the car. Finally, one man with brown hair and green eyes came forward in a firefighter's uniform and picked her up, getting her out of the wrecked car that was fine not even two minutes ago.