Chapter 16

Alexis' POV

After Jackson and his friends questioned me I was emotionally and physically exhausted. Sure fighting and racing was a very stressful world to be a part of, but having to relive my past brought it to a whole new level. I didn't even go into detail about what happened, heck, I didn't even give them the full story with my mom or dad!

They were bound to find out about my dad being murdered, but what they don't know is that I'm pretty sure the car that hit my mom hit us on purpose. I've never been able to confirm my suspicions, but when I do I'll make sure to get my revenge.

I scour the dark room for a clock and see that it's 4:30 a.m. I was woken up once again  by another nightmare. So far I've woken up twice, this one being my third. As soon as Jackson left the room I stopped pretending to sleep and tried to find a way out. Now that my arms and legs are free I can just get up and leave.

Even though he locked the door when he left I decided to just use some of the medical supplies to unlock it instead of busting through the 2-way mirror which would probably just cause me more harm than good. At first I thought it was just a mirror but after I knocked on it I realized it was a 2-way. Even though I still have time to sleep some more I don't want to chance being questioned again in the morning or running into anyone on the way out. 

I carefully drag myself out of the bed and stand up cautiously, holding onto the bed for support when my legs almost give out and a pain runs through my side. After giving myself a brief pep talk I go over to the cabinet and try to open the cabinet doors, only to find that they are locked. Of course.

Rolling my eyes I examine the lock before placing my finger nail in the slit and turning it to the left. The door easily unlocks and I roll my eyes once again at his lack of intelligence sometimes. After carefully looking over all the tools I take out a pair of thin tweezers, a small knife, a pair of medical scissors, a small round mirror, and a black sharpie marker.

Closing the cabinet doors I go over to the small counter where there is a small notepad and a pen. I pull off the pen's cap and write as neat as possible so he can get the message right. "Touch me ever again and I will personally castrate you. If my secret gets out we'll both be dead along with everyone we care about." Knowing that it will get the message across I slip the cap back on the pen. Once I'm done with that I take the sharpie out and pop the cap off.

Walking over to the 2-way mirror I write the words "FUCK YOU" in big letters on the mirror so they can see it from the outside. I smile evilly at my work and carelessly slip the cap back on the sharpie and set it down on the counter.

I quickly search the room for my nerd disguise not wanting them to keep anything that is mine. I come up empty on my search and look at the clock. Knowing people might come to check on me soon I decide to leave my stuff behind and just get a new disguise.

Now for my escape. I make my way towards the door and kneel down in front of the door. I take out the tweezers from my pocket and carefully turn it until I hear the lock click. I quickly pick up the mirror and slide it underneath the door and angle it so I can see down the hallway. Once I see the coast is clear I slowly open the door to keep it from making any noise.