Chapter 10

Alexis' POV
I was surprised to say the least when Damien didn't start scolding me about the whole two identities thing. I'm pretty sure he realized how tired I was, which I was beyond grateful for.

After going to the gang house and checking on my side the nurse told me that I shouldn't fight for two more weeks. Which bothered me but gave me even more time to focus on the gang and racing.

Even though fighting gives me more money, I have always enjoyed racing more. I just had a bad temper and a need for money, not to mention a good punch, that landed me at the Underground.

Now, unfortunately, it's Tuesday morning and the school bell rang, signaling 1st period is about to start.

All morning I've been getting snickers and sneers and some looks of sympathy as I walked by. I just shrugged it all off and continued to my 1st hour which was English.

Out teacher keeps mentioning that we have some partner project coming up and I'm hoping I get Lil in my group since she's in my class.

But I haven't seen Lil or Dylan all morning. Surprisingly, when I walked into my first hour I saw Lil sitting in her usual seat staring intently at the table in front of her.

Our English room has ten tables all together, 5 on each side of the room on rows. Each table could fit three people, but since Lil and I sat at the back and we're unpopular there was only the two of us, which to be honest didn't even bother me.

As soon as the bell rang me and Lil stopped our conversation and turned to the front. After talking to Lil I found out she was the library finishing one of her other classes assignment which was an essay.

Ten minutes after class had started the door flew open, making everyone's gaze, except mine and Lil's, to shift to the front of the class. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

Jackson, Austin, and Caden.

I just roll my eyes and slip my head phones into my ears discreetly and watch as all the girls fawn at the boys. Not gonna lie, they were all pretty hot, but their terrible personalities was really a turndown.

The three boys walk down the isle and take a seat at their usual in the back next to ours. Usually they all ignored us, but today they kept sneaking glances at us.

God I really hope they don't know something because if they did then I'd be screwed.

5 minutes left. That's all the time I have left in this dreaded English class.

"Okay, now you all know the partner project that we are going to be doing," the teacher says, sending a ripple of complaints to spread throughout the classroom.

"You will not get to pick your partners so I will read them off to you.
Jack and Kate
Sophie and Jason
Lil and Stephanie
Cassandra and Austin
Alexis and Jackson..."

At the sound of his name coming after mine my blood ran cold and Lil and I shared an equally horrified face. Fuck I cursed under my breathe so no one could hear me, wallowing in my fear.

It's not that I'm afraid of him, I'm just afraid of him finding out my secret. As soon as all the name were called, I turned towards Lil.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered to her, making sure no one else was listening in on our conversation.

"Just work on the project at the library and don't give off any hints what so ever whenever you have to be somewhere." she said just as the bell rang.

Just as I was about to exit the classroom someone grabbed onto my wrist, effectively pulling me back into the now empty classroom besides me and the three boys in front of me.