Friends' Advice

"Umma, umma, please don't go, umma!!"

My sister and I clung onto my mom's coat, as my dad stood frozen at the doorway. She grabbed her purse, and met our gaze.

"Holly, Lily, let go," she instructed.

"Umma, don't leave!" my sister wailed, "why are you leaving?"

"Lily, you don't understand alright? Don't make this harder for umma. Let go!" she half-shrieked the last words, dropping her purse long enough for her sharp nails to dig into our delicate skin, and fling them off of her.

"Umma!" I screamed, as blood started gushing from my arm. My mom looked at my wound with a blank expression, then sighed heavily. Throwing an accusing glare at my dad, a frown carved deeply on her face, she grabbed her purse again and marched off, slamming the front door behind her.

"Appa..." I whimpered. My dad gently took my arm.

"Does it hurt?" he asked softly. I nodded, and he sighed, "mianhe, this is all appa's fault. It's my fault that you got hurt."

"So go chase after her!" my sister shrieked, pointing at the door, "please appa, go!"

"No Lily, it's useless," my father shook his head sadly.

"But you know, right? You know where she's going?" I asked, and he gave a slow nod.

"Then go! Hurry!" both my sister and I urged. He gave both of us a long gaze, before finally nodding in agreement and grabbing his car keys.

"Let's go."

"No!"

My eyes flew open, and I bolted up on the bed I was lying on. Taking a few deep breathes to calm myself, I slowed down my heartbeat and managed to stay composed enough to look around.

The room was fairly neat by itself, with a guitar laid neatly at the corner of the room. But something I noticed especially interesting were that there were a lot of little, toy race cars scattered around the room, often accompanied with racing tracks.

I took in another shaky breath, and slowly stood up. I was still in the clothes that I had fainted in, and the sun was still shining outside, which hopefully meant that I hadn't been out for long. Before I could take another step around the room, the bedroom door opened.

"Oh hey, you're awake!" Chanyeol greeted energetically, "that was quick."

"Ah, thank you for earlier," I hastily bowed, "how did you know I was there?"

A knowing smile mysteriously appeared on his face, but he just gave me a nonchalant shrug, "I was just walking around the neighborhood."

"...alright," I had stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago.

"Anyhow, thank you for helping me, but I should probably get going, I probably missed practice already."

"You have," Chanyeol informed me, "your phone was ringing nonstop, so I told one of your members that you would be there shortly. I just said that you weren't feeling well."

"Ah, thanks again," I smiled gratefully at him, "you seemed to have taken care of everything quite nicely."

Chanyeol gave me his signature laugh, "I'm glad I could help."

"Is this your room?" I questioned, "these race cars look so cool."

"Do you like it?" he brightened, "it's my new hobby."

"That's an unique hobby," I gave him a bright smile, "make sure to show me how it works someday."

He gave a nod of agreement, "alright."