Audition Time!

"Omigoshhhhh!!" Lucia sighed, throwing the 38185827th outfit into the pile that was probably going to be as tall as Mount Everest at this rate.

"It's only an audition, so why are we stressing so much?" I asked, observing myself with an unsatisfied look.

"Lets face it. They look for 90% appearance and 10% talent," Sophia sighed.

"Girls! You're going to be late!" my aunt called from the car outside.

"Just stick to that one, Lucia," I sighed. Lucia rolled her eyes, but kept the outfit on all the same.

We flew downstairs and into the car, more nervous than ever. The drive there felt soooo long, and none of us talked.

"I can't believe it," Sophia finally spoke the first word as we arrived at the audition place. There were already hoards of people there.

"What? That we're actually going through with this?" Lucia asked.

"No...that we're one step closer to achieving our dreams!" Sophia exclaimed.

"Dream?" I muttered, quietly enough so no one else heard me, "Our dream?"

We approached some ridiculously beautiful women that I was sure were positioned there to lower your self-esteem. we showed them our numbers, and they gestured us into the waiting room.

We sat down on the chairs and then got up, unable to keep still. There was so much nervous energy buzzing around.

"May the numbers 38, 134, 72, 71, and 50 please enter now," the announcer droned.

I glanced at my number. 77. Since it didn't seem to be going in any particular order, I hoped I would get in with Sophia and Lucia, who had 35 and 137.

Of course, I had no such luck. They were both called up before me, and gave me hugs of encouragement before going through with their audition.

15 minutes after sitting alone, I glanced at my phone once again. Strangely, none of the two had sent me any messages yet. Were the auditions really that long?

"Kyaaaaa~" a shriek was suddenly heard from the entrance. I watched warily as a gaggle of girls ran inside, looking very disheveled.

"Did you know that Shinee, Girl's Generation, and EXO are all here???" the first girl asked no one in particular. She looked like she was about to faint from excitement.

I widened my eyes, and clutched my phone even tighter than before. Would they actually be watching the auditions? With a heavy sigh, I threw my phone down onto the empty chair next to mine, and closed my eyes.

"Of course they would be. The first ever SM town concert will be held in Canada starting in 3 days, remember?" one of the girls who was sitting in one of the chair spoke up, sounding rather snobbish.

"But why are they here??" another girl asked nervously.

"May the numbers 38, 12, 142, 77 and 54 please enter now," the announcer suddenly said.

I stood up, and took several deep breaths before proceeding to walk to the entrance. There were 2 guys already there. Heading towards us were 2 girls - one of them the snobbish one, and the other one ridiculously pretty.

Well, there goes my self-esteem. Again.

We walked in, and instantly saw 5 spots marked with an X. We all headed to stand on a X, and faced 1 judge that was observing us. There was a long line of blue tape about 10 cm in front of us, and a camera positioned right beside the judge.

I heard the pretty girl beside me suddenly breathe in sharply, and knew immediately why. She had spotted, the same time I did, the group of people that were sitting behind the judge. I could see Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Lay, and Chen from EXO, as well as Tiffany and Yoona from GG. I was pretty sure it was Kai talking with Taemin behind those two groups, but I wasn't really sure.

Nevertheless, they were still all idols. Watching us audition.

"In order, you will step up to the blue line one by one," one of the ladies standing by the side started talking, "and you will be able to perform what you have prepared for us. Please look at the camera when you're performing. When the time is up, the judge will stop you. Do not introduce yourself. You may begin."

Thank god I wasn't first. I watched as the guy stepped forward to the blue tape, and stared at the camera. He took a deep breath before starting to sing Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

His voice. It was so captivating. It was so suited for ballads, and I swooned just thinking about that voice singing a lullaby.

After about 1 minute, the judge gave the cut off. The guy bowed, everyone clapped, and the next person went.

The snobbish girl, it turned out, was auditioning for an actress position. I didn't like how she acted, but perhaps it was just my biased opinion.

The next guy was clearly a bundle of nerves. He was already breathing heavily, and stumbled on the lyrics a bit. I felt bad for him, because his voice was pretty good as well.

The pretty girl went next. Though her voice was average, her looks definitely made up for it. My gosh, she was so pretty.

After she finished, I walked up to the blue tape. It was finally my turn. After seeing all those performances, I couldn't exactly say I had any confidence left. But I reminded myself what this was for, and started singing softly.

"There's a song that's inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But you sing to me over and over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours

I pray

To be only yours

I know now

You're my only hope."

The judge signaled the cut off, and the applause snapped me back to reality. I had no idea how I just did, and how I even managed to sing it that well.

"Do you have a reason why you chose this song?" the judge suddenly spoke up.

It was the first time the judge had spoken to any of us, and I had to admit that I felt pretty happy about that.

"This song....its very relatable to my life," I clumsily worded it in the vaguest way possible.

There were some things they did not have to know. Not know. Not ever.

"Yaaaaa I got goosebumps," Baekhyun spoke in Korean. The translator spoke it in English, but fortunately I could vaguely get the gist of it. I had been trying to learn Korean and French for years now.

"Kamsahamnida," I bowed towards him.

I JUST SPOKE MY FIRST WORDS TO AN EXO MEMBER.

"You may all go now. Thank you for your participation and hard work. If you were accepted, you will get a letter in about a week," the lady droned on.

We all said our thanks to her, and headed to the exit just to discover that there was a huge crowd, all of them trying to get out (or in, who knows).

I sighed, and stepped away from the crowd. Wondering if Sophia and Lucia actually managed to get out, I reached into my pocket for my phone.

It wasn't there.