Understanding Each Other

"Thank you for teaching us," we bowed towards the dance instructor. She left the room, and we all collapsed to the floor.

"You would think that we'd get used to it by now," Reiza sighed, closing her eyes to take a quick nap.

"3 weeks isn't long enough to adjust," Lily protested weakly. She glanced at me as I stretched, and started walking out of the room, "where are you going?"

"To find Sophia," I replied, "she must also be done her class by now."

"See you tomorrow then!" Lily called out.

I waved to the two of them before heading out of the building. The three of us were the only foreigners in the dance class, and so we had automatically bonded. Unfortunately, Sophia was only in my singing and language class - nothing else, so we were forced to only meet after all our classes were over. Thankfully, it was only 7 today. Our dance instructor had let us out early, as she must've noticed how tired we all were.

I glanced around the building, but couldn't see Sophia anywhere. I wondered where she was....but mentally smacked myself. Just because my class ended early didn't mean that her class ended early as well. She was probably still going to stay until 9, and so I was left with two hours to do nothing.

I slowly started walking to the lake that I had discovered about a week ago. It was conveniently close to the building, and I always found it very peaceful and relaxing. Since people were seldom there as well, I found it a place where I could just sing for fun, and do whatever I wanted.

Finally reaching the lake, I smiled as I watched the surface sparkle, reflecting the sun's rays. Leaning against the tree, I closed my eyes and started absently humming randomly.

Nae mame gipi gadeug chabeorin

Gongheohan sesang nareul guhaejwo

I wanna reset , I wanna reset , I wanna reset

I realized that my phone was ringing, and I glanced at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered, habitually in English. I placed it on speaker so that I could set it on the grass next to me.

"You're in Korea now. Answer in Korean," My aunt's voice replied, scolding me already.

I laughed, "sorry, but I already knew that it was you."

"Next time, I don't care if you already know who it is. Just practice your Korean as much as possible, alright?" my aunt asked sternly.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Wow, look at you. So obedient now that you're in South Korea. Is it fun there?" she observed playfully.

"It is. The training is really demanding, but I really like it. It's fun," I smiled at the last part.

"Good. As long as you're enjoying yourself," my aunt approved, "did you meet those people that you go crazy about all the time?"

"You mean EXO?" I asked, hiding my smile, "I don't go crazy."

"Says the girl who stayed up until 2 a.m. to download their newest album," my aunt scoffed.

I laughed, "It was worth it! Yeah, I met them. They were all really amazing." My smile wavered a bit when I remembered what I had said to Chen, but I didn't want my aunt to notice. Coughing slightly, I arranged myself back to my usual, bright smile.

"You go and have fun, alright?" my aunt asked.

"I will. Take care of yourself," I replied.

"You too," she replied, her voice warm.