Chapter 9: A New kind of mark

I sit on the floor and hold the phone in my hand. Sam went out to the store and got me my own basic phone so I could stay in contact with them while they were out hunting. The one they gave me last time was lost when the demon took control of me and went on the run. I hesitate turning it on, thinking about Rick. He always made me keep my cell phone on me. I felt trapped with it.

"It's just a phone" a voice says from the doorway. I look up and see Dean there leaning against the frame.

"Spose' it is" I smirk back to him holding the power button. It powers on with a beep and I place it on the floor next to me.

Dean comes into where I'm sitting and squats down so we're more on eye level "Sam programmed us in already." He explains grabbing the phone and pulling up the contact list. I look over his arm at what he does and I nod. He looks at me sideways "and the gps tracking is off" he adds.

"Huh?" I question not sure why he would say that.

He shrugs and places the phone back down "Never mind." He pushes his hands against his legs and stands up "say, there's something we gotta go do" he gestures his hand out for me to grab. I reach my hand out to his and he helps me up easily.

I follow him out of the motel room and he gets into his sleek black car "where are we going?" I inquire shutting the passenger door behind me. The engine roars to life and he reverses out of the spot and speeds towards the main road ignoring my question. He drives on the wet road dangerously fast but I find myself enjoying the nervousness I feel. I clench my leg as his speed hits 90 and I watch as the dim fall leaves blur by. We pull into a parking lot 20 minutes later and I look out of the front windshield "Big Als Tattoos" I read out loud. I give him a sideways glance "you're getting a tattoo?" I ask him.

"You are, darling" he smirks before opening his door and exiting the car.

I follow him out of the car and over to the entry door "I am not getting a tattoo" I laugh out to him.

"Got a problem with needles?" He jokes with me pushing the metal door open, letting me pass.

"Actually, they kind of excite me" I tell him. He cocks his head to the side with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. I don't know why I told him that. "I just don't need a tattoo" I shrug. He follows me inside to the counter and the tall, thin, pale man behind the counter nods his head towards Dean. I hear The leather of Deans jacket and I turn to see him removing his hand from the mans shoulder. "You have a tattoo?" I inquire to him.

He removes his leather jacket as the man returns to his spot behind the counter and throws it to the side on a plastic chair. He proceeds to tug at the collar of his black t shirt and reveals his chest enough for me to see the black ink. I move closer towards him to get a better look and reach my hand up to touch it. "You need one" he says when my fingers touch his flesh. I look up to him and he's looking down at me with a crooked smile. I notice how close I am to him and remove my hand instantly while stepping back.

"I don't even know what that is.. Why would I get one?" I point out.

"It's an anti-possession symbol. That demon won't be able to take you as a meat suit again" he explained. I cringe at the words 'meat suit' and he apologizes "sorry" he says walking around the desk "anyway, big Al here will take care of it" he nods towards the man he just man hugged.

"You're big Al?" I inquire shaking his hand.

"Gets people interested" he says in a voice lower than I expected. I nod and he walks over to a room and waits for me to follow before entering.

He closes the door behind me and my anxiety picks up. It's not the needles or the pain causing my nerves to go haywire, but the fear of being alone with this man that does. "Wait!" I shout out leaping out of the chair. Big Al turns from where he is setting up but I'm already at the door before I can see his face. "Dean?" I call out his name.