Chapter 5: A new fight

I jolt upwards when something outside crashes. I move to the window and peak through the side of the curtain. Everything outside is still and I step away confused. I must have dreamed it. I look at the time and notice it's the middle of the night. I feel my stomach rumble and it brings me to the realization that I haven't eaten in over a day. I sit down on the couch and rummage through a plastic bag Sam left behind. I grab a water bottle and a power bar from it and proceed to eat it. I drink half the bottle and decide to try and go back to sleep. When I begin to doze off another noise grabs me awake and I'm starting to sense something isn't right. I go back to the window and look outside again but nothing has changed. The dark clouds rolled in and the rain is falling at a steady pace. When I turn my back to the window there's a faint knock on the door. I walk to it slowly after grabbing the gun. I wait for another knock to occur again but it doesn't. I decide to open the door and look outside. I look to my left and then right but I don't see anything but bad flickering fluorescent lighting. I get back into the room locking it behind me. I sit back down on the couch. I keep a hand on the phone they gave me, although something feels off, I assume it's just me processing what I've been through the past few days. I take a deep breath placing the phone on the table and wait for Sam or Dean to call and check in.

----------

"STOP! Please, stop!" I yell inside my head. It's like I'm witnessing the world from a different perspective. I have an overwhelming emotion of fear and sadness wash over me but nothing is happening. No tears, no sobs, nothing. My hands continue to tighten around a throat and I feel the movement of his breath slow down underneath my fingers.

What happened to me. I don't remember being here. The face of the man comes into view and I recognize it. "LET GO!" I demand as his face turns blue. My hands fly to the side quickly and I feel a jolt of energy run through me.

"Well, looks like someone is more powerful then I thought she'd be" my voice rings out into the air, only I didn't say it. My heart should be racing with fear but it's beating at a normal rate. "Go back to bed dear, this will be over soon" I say to myself again.

"What the hell is this?" I say as she bends down to pick up a sharp silver blade. I try to prevent her from doing so but I have no control again and my hand lifts it off the ground.

"Haha" my laugh echoes through the room, although it's dark like Rick's would be "you need to stop, before I make you" she says before turning the blade towards my body. I stop trying to control my body when a push throws me down onto the concrete, the blade cutting the side of my stomach. I hear a hard crack and pain soars through my body. Although I feel the pain, it's like the person controlling my body feels nothing. The person controlling me stands up, wipes the blood off my lip and looks down at my stomach and comments "I don't feel a thing" she chuckles moving the hurt arm as well, knowing I'm confused as hell and hurting. I scream in pain but nothing stops her. She lunges at the man who threw us on the ground but with a wave of a hand we're tossed into a wall.

"What do you want?" A low raspy voice steps closer to me as my feet are lifted off the ground and my throat closes up. A different pair of hands are around my neck now and I get a blurry view of Dean with arms stretched out. "Stop" I whisper out but only I can hear it. I start to feel dizzy and things go black.

When I come to again I speak out "where am I?" groggily with something sweet lingering in my mouth. My eyes open wider when the words actually escape my head and leave my lips. I go to move my body but I can't. My head snaps down and I notice I'm chained into a chair by my wrists and ankles. I snap my head back up and find 3 men staring back at me. "What are you doing?" The fear rises again and my heart races, only this time I feel it "where is he? She? It?" I look around confused.

"We can't kill her" the taller one says. I remember him, it's Sam. Recent memories of the past few days flood my head.

"Well we can't let her go, it's still in her. She won't come out now" the man with green eyes replies to him, it's Dean. "Castiel, can you do anything?" He looks a few feet away to a man wearing a tan coat.

He shakes his head "that demon is powerful, I can't expel it" he says with something sad in his eyes.

"Demon?" I ask shakily. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" I demand in a squeal.

"Let's try and get it to come back out" Dean says stepping forward and throwing water on my face.

"Ahh, what the hell?" I say closing my eyes quickly trying to get the water out of it.

He steps closer and pulls out a knife "sorry Emma" his voice is low.

He steps over the circle of paint "NO! Please! Let me go!" I scream out. The knife cuts against my face and he makes a swift motion. The blood runs warm down and I let the tears fall with it.

"Dean, stop"  Sam steps into the circle and grabs his arm, pulling it away from my face.

"Why are you doing this?" I say. Dean looks at me sideways and I see a faint bruised hand print along his neck. "Did I do that?" I gasp. He turns his head straight up.

"You remember?" His eyes flick between the other 2 men. I nod. "What exactly do you remember?" He asks me another question.

"It's blurry" I say blinking a lot trying to remember "is this necessary?" I say looking down at the chains. No one responds so I let it go for now "I just remember waking up and choking you. I was so freaked out I yelled stop but nothing happened. When I realized you were dying I yelled stop again and I did. Then it's like I had a conversation with myself. I wasn't able to control myself but I was talking to it in my head." I say rambling through the memory.

"You're possessed" Sam explains again. He must've caught on to how confused I sounded and gave me that 2 word explanation.

"How long have I been here?" I ask feeling tired

"3 days" Dean explains wiping off the blood with his sleeve.

"THREE DAYS?" I freak "I don't remember any of that!" I panic "you have to get it out!" I plead with them.

"Sam, can we talk for a minute?" Dean looks to his brother.

I roll my eyes "I'm the one chained up with a demon inside my head, please don't leave and have a secret conversation. Tell me what's going on!" I argue loudly.

Dean continues to look at his brother and Sam sighs and they leave whatever room we are in at wherever location this could be.

I sigh out with a laugh "why are you laughing?" A man steps closer into view.

"What's your name again?" I ask him.

"Castiel" he says back.

"That's a fun name" I respond with sarcasm and annoyance. "How long have I been possessed?" I ask him hoping for more answers.

"About a week." He responds. I laugh again throwing my head back "I don't understand. This situation is not one I would think would be funny." He responds.

I give him a side glance after his weird statement hits my ears "well, I'm currently possessed by a demon or something and that's still not the most messed up thing in my life" I tell him openly.

"What do you mean?" He asks tilting his head.

The door to the room I'm in opens and the brothers walk back in. Dean first, eyes focused on me and Sam following, his head down "we got an idea" Dean says once he's at the edge of the circle.