Talk

"KATIE HEMMINGS WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!"
Mum shouted as I walked in the door, I felt Ashton's hand slip into mine and it calmed me down slightly.

"When we finished our date I went to Ashton's to watch a movie we both fell asleep im sorry mum."
"Ashton is this true?"
"Yeh Liz I'm sorry, but she's here now.I never meant to bring her back late."

"You better go to bed I don't want you driving home late ash."
"Thanks Liz"he smiled and I hugged my mum tight.

As we went up the stairs I heard Luke get out of bed.He came out of his room rubbing his eyes.There was a smirk on his face and he walked to me and patted my shoulder.

"Katie please don't tell me you where fucking Ashton."
"Luke no your disgusting."
"Hmm night sis.Night Ashton."

Luke turned around to his room and opened the door but Ash shouted him.
"Luke mate can i borrow some shorts or something?"
"Yeh."

Ashton went into Luke's room and I got my pyjamas on while he was there.
When I crawled into bed I realised ash was taking a while so I shouted him.

"Ash"
"I'm coming sorry."
He said walking in my room with shorts and no shirt on.
I couldn't help stare at him and it made him giggle.

"Sorry."I mumbled as he got into the bed.
"I don't mind you checking me out its not like I've never done that to you before."

Then I laid on my side hoping he'd get the point that I was tired.His arm snaked around my waist and I rested my hand on top of his playing with his fingers.

"Luke wants the band to enter the talent show.You should!"
"What enter?"
"Yeh your an amazing singer and I know you don't like it but I could help."
"Maybe Ashton.Now I'm going to sleep goodnight."
"Goodnight Katie."

✨✨✨

I woke to my phone bleeping none stop.
"Katie turn it of please"Ashton grumbled and I reached over to get it but his grip on me was to tight.

"I will if you'll let go a little."
He giggled then loosened his grip and I took hold off my phone; they where all texts from Denise.

From Denise:
How did the date go?
Are you with ash?
Did you kiss him?
You two haven't had sex have you, eww

"She's nosey isn't she"he giggled kissing my cheek.
"Well she is my best friend."
"Yeh well your brothers mine.I hope he doesn't ask questions like that."he giggled again and this time kissed me properly.

"Eww I think I'm gonna be sick"Luke said walking into my room.
"Well then leave."
"We need to leave for school so hurry up.Denise and Calum are down stairs."

"Shit."

Jumping out of bed, I reached for Ashton's clothes and gave them too him.Soon after he was ready and handed me his jumper.

"You need this."I told him and he just shrugged.
"You can wear it."
Pulling the jumper on I quickly tied my hair up and put on my glasses.

When we got downstairs Denise, Luke and Calum where at the door.
"Finally I've text you loads."Denise giggled then furrowed her eyebrows looking at my jumper.

I pointed towards Ash who was talking to Calum and I dragged her out of the house to my car.The boys traveling with Calum.

"So did you have sex you never answered?"
"No we never I fell asleep at his house watching movies and got back late so mum told him to stay."
"Is that all that happened? I can tell it isn't."
"Well no he told me he knows about Michael and to forget about him because ash really likes me.And we kissed; a lot!"

"So"
"So?"
"Are you two a thing?"
"God chill out we've been on one date."
"But he's practically in love with you.I can tell you like him a lot!"
"What about Michael?"
"Forget about him."
"Denise I have to tutor him all year or mum will kill me.Plus he's my partner in Art and in my brothers band"
"Doesn't Ashton take art?"
"Yeh but he's not in my class."
"Ask if you can move up to his."
"Have you seen Mr Brown?Anyway we're here."

When I got out of the car Luke jumped out and scared me.
"FUCK, Luke your an idiot."
"But you love your big brother don't you?"
"Yes Luke I do."

While Luke and I where talking I felt a large hand hold mine.
Once I turned around I realised it was Ashton,
"You don't mind do you?"He asked nervously.
I thought for a while and I realised I was okay with this.This is the first time I felt okay with a guy that isn't Michael Clifford.

"Yeh of corse I am."I didn't mean to but there was worry in my voice when I said it.I didn't want to worry for once in my life but I just couldn't help it.
Squeezing his hand tighter he smiled at me and pecked my cheek.
"I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THAT."Calum shouted and he made me jump.

"What Ash?"
"Yes ash."He giggled and then I was shocked as Ashton wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

Quickly Luke pulled me away from everyone and I was a little shocked.
"What are you doing?"
"Look i know I told you to give Ashton a chance but I don't want you or any of my friends to get hurt."
"What are you talking about?"
"Michael gave me this for you when he came around yesterday.He spoke to mum and told her he was okay with out the tutoring yesterday."

My brother handed me a letter and the seal was already ripped.
"Luke did you read this?"
"Yeh sorry I'll leave you too it."

Slowly pulling out the letter I felt bad when I saw the tear stains on it.And as I glanced at the page the sadness got worse.

How could I have been this selfish?