chapter 31

chapter 31...

it's the week before the weekend of graduation and everyone in the senior class is getting ready for it. after getting my robe i walked out and headed towards outside in wait of Landon. when prom was going on he tried and tried to get me to go but i wouldn't. i was never the type of girl to want to go to prom. some girls spend since freshman year getting ready for it but i was just never in to it so instead he gave me a different surprise...

FLASHBACK

i pull Landon's old worn out hoodie over my head. i just got out of the shower and i am in my PJ's. Landon said we'd spend the whole night watching whatever movies i wanted and i vowed to myself i would pick the most girlie movies ever. i made sure The notebook, Titanic, Dear John and Pearl Harbor are waiting for us. i know Pearl Harbor isn't that girlie but hey, there's some scandal in it to. i walk down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen first.

i reach up in the cupboard for the popcorn and two pair of hands go around my waist. i smiled to myself, loving what his touch does to me.

"need some help?" he whispers in my ear.

"i got it." i said coming back on my feet. i open the package and put the popcorn in the microwave. i turn to face him and he's grinning. "what? shouldn't you be getting everything set up? i have a long night planned for us."

his grin just got bigger if possible. "oh so do i." he said. he gave me a kiss on the forehead and left the room.

he has something planned i just know it. if he thinks he's getting out of this, i don't think so. i put a lot of thought into those girlie movies.

i grabbed a bowel and poured the popcorn in. i grab the bowel, eating it already and head to the TV room. when i walk through the doorway,i stop.

Landon's standing in the middle of the TV room but it's not the TV room. the windows are covered with dark purple sheets. there's lights hung up all over the room, going from wall to wall. the floor has blankets and pillows everywhere and there's candles lite all over the place also. i slowly walk in while checking everything out.

i smiled and shook my head. "what is this?" i ask.

he takes a step towards me and takes my hand, the one that doesn't have the bowel in it. "it's our prom." he said grinning.

I smiled up at him. "your unbelievable." i said, standing on my tipy toes to give him a kiss. but i pull back. "does this mean we aren't watching chick flicks?" i ask.

he laughs, throwing his head back. "yes were still watching movies."

i grinned. "good! The notebook, is sitting in the DVD player and waiting for me to push play."

he groaned. "really? The notebook? we have to watch that?"

"that or the Titanic." i told him.

he thought for a moment. "fine you decide."

"yes! okay, first it's The notebook then it's Titanic." i said, sitting down and getting comfortable with the pillow's. he sits down next to me and i hit play. he puts his arm around my shoulders and i lean into him eating. "thanks." i whispered.

"no problem." he said,kissing my head.

END OF FLASHBACK.

"hey."

i snap back to reality when i hear Landon's voice. i grin up at him, giving him a peak on the lips.

"ready?" i ask him.

"yep." he said, opening my car door.

i get in and he shuts the door. he climbs in and he head towards his place. if you couldn't tell i have decided to stay at Landon's. he told me that we could get out own place by ourselves after graduation. when we pulled up to the house, we got out and headed inside.

i went to my room to put my bag up, when i spotted something on my dresser. i walked over and there's four big envelopes sitting there. on each of them is the address to the schools i sent the applications to. i lowered myself to my bed and stared at them. what if they all said no? or only the ones far away said yes?

i heard the door open and knew Landon came in. i havent told him i applied to college yet. i dont really know what his reaction would be.

he sat down next to me. "what are those?" he asked.

i didn't answer at first so he took one out of my hands. "there letters from the colleges that i, um, applied to." i told him.

he frowned but said, "i didn't know..." he trailed off.

"i didn't want to say anything, not until i was for sure i was in and i didn't know what your reaction would be."

"Aubrey, it would be amazing if you got into a college. have you opened them yet?" he flipped it over to the back.

"no, i'm kind of to scared to." i confessed.

"may i?" he asked.

i shrugged. "sure."

he slide his finger under the envelopes sell and ripped it open. he took out the paper and read out loud, "'Aubrey Livingston we congratulate you on being excepted.' man, you got in." he said beaming at me.

i smiled back. "really!" i asked in disbelief. "here." i handed him the other three.

he ripped all three of them open and took them all out. "'congrats', 'congrats', and 'congrats'. Aubrey, you got in to all of these school! i'm so proud of you!" he said wrapping one arm around my shoulders.

"now all i have to figure out is which one to go to." i said.

"where ever you go i go." he said, squeezing my shoulder.

i smile a small smile, while my heart broke.

comment, vote and fan!!!!

aw it's coming to an end :'(