chapter 25

so i know you guys think something evil is going to happen with Liz but so far i dont think so, but you never know......

It is Monday and I am sitting at a picnic table that me and Landon sit at now, waiting for him. I unwrap my ham sandwich and open my anatomy book about to go over last night’s reading when Liz sits down in front of me.

“hey.” She says.

“Hey.”

“So I was thinking I would come join you? I’m trying to get away from Nathan. He’s been really clingy today, trying to get me to forgive him.” She says.

“oh yeah, sure.” I look back down at my book.

“So are you going?” she asks me.

“Going where?” I ask, looking up at her confused.

“Prom. It’s all everyone’s been talking about all month, hell all year.”

Prom? I didn’t even know it was during this month.  “Um probably not, no.” I tell her.

“Oh, Landon hasn’t asked you yet.” She nods in understanding.

“No it’s not that. I mean he hasn’t asked me but that’s not the only reason why.”

“Then why  not? What girl doesn’t want her Cinderella night?” she asked.

Cinderella? Yeah sure, wearing a beautiful dress and looking the best that I have ever looked sounds nice but should i? I mean from what I have been through, prom just doesn’t seem that important.

“I just don’t know.”

“Well it’s this Saturday and this is your last week to buy tickets. You better decide fast.” She says.

“So does that mean Nathan hasn’t asked you yet?” I asked her.

She looks up at me quickly. “No, of course not. Why would he do that? Were just friends.”

I raise an eyebrow but she looks down. Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy walking towards us. I look over and he’s wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt. He has black shaggy hair and is wearing a beanie.

“Ladies.’’ He says leaning on the table.

Liz rolls her eyes and sighs. “Aubrey, Nathan. Nathan, Aubrey.” She introduces us.

He slides in next to Liz. “So you’re the famous Aubrey that everyone is talking about.” He says.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Well you know.” He shrugs.

“Oh you mean about me and my uh dad.” I said.

“No, well yes. But not in the way you think.” He says.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Well everyone is shocked and amazed at how you turned out.” He explains. He bumps into Liz’s shoulder and said, “Even Liz here thinks so.”

“Thinks what?” I asked still a bit confused.

“Come on. Tell her.” He says to her.

She sighs. “Well since you brought it up and all.” She glares at him then leans on her elbows on the table. “Well I just think it’s awesome how you turned out. I mean what you must have gone through and look at you. You’re here, living and won. God knows what he did to you and you came out shoulders back, head held high and coming out on top. You’re here, at school, living your life. You didn’t let him take that from you. I just wish I was as strong as you are.” She said then shrugged.