chapter 19

okay guys this is what you've been waiting for, the trail!!!! okay i'm going to try to have a long chapter but i am sorry if it is not as long as i mean it to be but here it is, lets get started shall we?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is the day of the trail and i am having a mild panic attack in the shower right now. i turn off the shower and wrap a towel around me. i step out and sit on the closed towel seat. i put my head in my hands and start to breathe slowly.

i can do this, i can do this, i can do this. i kept repeating in my head. i get up and start brushing my hair. i can face him, i got this. i said to myself. i took the red lipstick that Jane gave me and put some on. i never wore make up but i think it looks good with my white skin. i take some mascara and apply a little of it, same wtih the eyeliner. i towel dry my hair then used the blow dryer. when i was done. i gathered my hair up and put it in a pony tail off to the side so it lays on my shoulder. i put the biretta in my hair and smiled to myself. not bad for someone that has never done this before.

i walk out of the bathroom a little more calmer. i go and grab the dress and the little jacket i'm going to be wearing and the shoes. i slipped on the dress, jacket and the shoes. i stood up and smoothed down the dress. i walked over to the full lengthmirror and sighed. this is as good as it's going to get. i walk out and to the stairs. i started to descend them when i heard voices. Elliot, Landon and Jane must have been waiting on me. maybe i had a longer panic attack then i thought.

when i got to the bottum thye came out of the sitting room. Jane smiled. she is wearing a plain black dress that has a small V in the neckline. she is also wearing a jacket over it. Landon and Elliot were wearing dress shirts and dress pants.

Landon's face lite up in a smile and i looked down feeling shy. he walked over and offered his arm. i took it and we walked outside.

he bent down to my ear and whispered, "are you okay?"

i nodded and smiled. "nerves is all."

"you'll do great." he said and kissed the top of my head.

we go to the SUV and me and Landon climbed into the back while Jane took the passenger seat and Elliot drove. it wasn't that long of a drive but everyone was quiet probably wondering what today is going to bring us or freaking out inside like i am.

when we pulled up to the courthouse cars surrounded the place. Landon came over and opened my door, giving me his hand to help me out. i took it letting him help me but i let go right away. i need my head clear. i took a deep breath, lifted my head and took the steps one at a time. Landon, Jane and Elliot following behind me.

when i pulled open the doors i was greeted by Mr. Jones. i shook his hand and he made a motion for me to follow so i did. we started down the hall and stopped outside a couple of double doors. he turns to me.

"remember what i told you. what to expect and that you might not even have to testify." i nodded. "deep breathe." he said and when i let it out the bailiff opened the doors to the court room and what i saw i was not expecting.

the room was packed. some i recognize as students from our school. i follow Mr. Jones down the walk way and threw the swinging doors and to the table off to the left. i sat down with Mr. Jones beside me. Landon, Elliot and Jane were seated behind me.

"you ready?" Mr. Jones asked.

i shook my head but said, "yeah."

i look over and i can see my father. he stares right back me with no emotion what so ever on his face. i looked way and behind me. i could see a lot of people i know and some i don't. i scan the back row and i find her. my mother is sitting  by the double doors with her hair pinned to the back of her head. she looks over at me and smiles sadly.