chapter 3

When I got home that day, I went straight to my father in the living room. It was odd; I usually try to avoid him as best as I could. But I had to act fast, I don't know if I could trust Landon or not and if a cop shows up saying he heard a rumor that I was getting beat? If I wasn't before, I sure would now.

"Dad," I said coming up by the couch.

He whipped his head around in my direction so fast I wouldn't be surprised if he got whiplash. I don't blame him; it's been forever since I called him that. "What?" he snapped.

I took a deep breathe so my voice wouldn't be shaky. "I want you to stop hitting me and blaming stuff on me." I said with confidence I don't have.

He laughs and gets up. "You want me to stop, uh?" he walks over to me. "When do you get a say in anything?" He slaps me. "You want me to stop doing that?" He slaps me again. "Huh?" Again he slaps me across the face.  "You don't tell me what to do." He grabs a fist full of my hair and yanks my head back. "You don't deserve to live. You're pathetic and a waste of space." He sneers at me then throws me to the ground.

I land on my hands and knees and he leans over me. I don't know where this serge of confidence, anger came from but I said, "And you do? Look at you, you're the pathetic one. You're the one that has to blame everything on me just to feel like the bigger person. You're picking on someone that can't defend herself."

He uses his foot and pushes me, making me roll over onto my side. He swung his foot at me in the back once, twice, three times. "I'm pathetic? Look at yourself. Look at your life." He backs away.

I get up on my hands and knees and he comes at me. He kicks me in the stomach and I go flying into the wall, hitting my head and blacking out.

I woke up in my bed, not remembering how I got here. I slowly sat up but fell back down immediately. I groaned, everything hurt I didn't dare move again just stared up at the ceiling trying to determine if I should try to move again when a knock came.

   My dad poked his head in the door. "You're not going to school today. I suggest you stay in bed." He shut the door behind him.

Today? Its morning?

That was the most caring thing I have ever heard my father say in a very long time. All that day I stayed in bed trying not to move. I stayed up in my room avoiding my father but there's a downside I had to skip all three meals. It wasn't the first time I had to do it but it never gets easier, especially since yesterday I missed supper.

I rolled over on my side wincing in pain and tried to get some sleep. Later I'll try to take a bath, maybe it'll help.

 Sorry, short chapter guys!!

but, COMMENT, VOTE AND FAN