chapter 22

here's chapter 22 and you guys are probably dieing to know how Landon reacts so here it is........

I ran down the road, my feet pounding the cement, while i tried to keep breathing. I had  ache in my side and the heels that i am wearing are killing my feet and slowing me down. I stop running and pulled off the shoes throwing them aside then i started down the road again.

 I don't even know if Kate left the party yet or if she headed straight to Landons or took a detour. All i knew was that i had to beat her there. With that thought i pushed myself harder and took off down the road.

When Landon's road came into view, i started to cry. In relief that Kate wasn't there first and for fear of what might come. I ran down the road, looking behind me to make sure Kate didn't show up. When i got to his house, i threw the door open and ran inside just to all of a sudden stop. I was breathing hard and crying and i had no idea where he is.

The last time i saw him, he said he was going for a run. Is he still out there? Or did he come home? I started crying even harder starting to panic then i heard something. The shower! He must be in his shower. I climbed the stairs two at a time and ran to his door. I leaned in and heard the water running. I opened the door and stuck my head in. The bathroom door was shut. I walked in closing the door behind me.

I started pacing and thinking, which wasn't a good idea. What if he doesn't believe me? What if Kate did get here before me but left so he could talk me alone? What if he never wants to see me again? After that thought a sob escapes me. i heard the water shut off and a minute later i heard the door open. I spun around to see him in sweat pants with no shirt, towel drying his hair.

But when i saw him another sob escapes me and his head whips up in my direction.

"Aubrey? What's going on? Why are you crying? Your feet are bleeding." he said in a rush and ran over to me. he put both his hands on my checks.

but that just made me cry harder. what if he never looks at me like that again?

"Landon i..."I trail off not know how to start.

"What?" He asked softly, stroking my check.

"I'm so sorry." I say and bury my head in his chest.

He wraps his arms around me. "Shh, it's okay. What'd you do?"

Then it all came out in a rush. "Kate took me to this party but i have never been to a party so i didn't know what was happening until it was to late when i found myself under a guy. When i push'd him off me Kate said that it was all part of her plane to get you back and to make you not love me anymore and that the whole thing with Micheal was her fault to. So she's on her way here now to tell you a complete lie to get you back." When i was done, i stood there for a moment waiting for his next move.

he pulled back and looked down at me. "You....were with another guy?" he asked.

"Yes but i was so out of it, like she wanted. Landon i would never have done that." i said trying to get him to believe me.

He ran his hand threw his hair and backed up. "Your saying, Kate set you up to make me break up with you?" He asked slowly.

"Yes. Yes, she did. Please just believe me, please." i said feeling hot tears roll down my checks.

"I-" But he got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Landon, Kate's here." Jane called threw the door.

I looked to the door then back at Landon. "Landon don't. Please, just listen to me, please don't open that door." i begged him.

He looked at me then back at the door. he strode over and another sob escaped me.

He opens the door and in walks Kate, already fake crying. I turn around not wanting to see this, running my hands threw my hair and squeezing my eyes shut wishing i was back in the kitchen with Landon.

so, what did you guys think? well all you have to do is comment to tell me. so do that and don't forget to vote and fan while your at it. ;)

Sorry if it wasn't that long. I wanted make it suspenseful.