chapter 27

so here's chapter 27 and if you have only read chapter 26 once, can you go back and reread it? well at least the ending? i rewrote it because i didnt feel good about it so i changed it abit but not to much so please reread if you havent yet. thanks.

I walked up to the house that I have been trying for so many years to leave and paused on the porch. So many memories started to rush at me all at once. Then déjà vu hit me and it didn’t even seem like nothing had changed. I took a deep breath and rang the door bell.

My mom answered it. “Aubrey? Come in.” she said opening the door further so I could step through.

I walked past her and into the hallway. Once again everything came rushing back. Every one of these wall’s told a story. Just in front of the stairs, is where my father hit me for the first time. And the wall by the door to the living room is where I have been thrown so many times. I lost count at how many times he thrown me off those steps. I shook off the memories and followed my mother into the kitchen but again I had to stop. My eyes found the spot where my father beat me senseless.

“Aubrey?” my mother called to me, for the I don’t know how many time.

“Yeah?”  I said tearing my eyes away from the spot.

“Would you like a seat, while I get us some drinks?” she asked.

I nodded and walked over to the table and sat down. She grabbed two water bottles and sat down across from me. “So what brings you here?” she asked.

I took the bottle from her hand and said, “I am here to answer your question form yesterday.” I told her.

She smiled. “So…”

“I’m not moving in with you.” I told her. “Not yet.”

The smile slid from her face. “Oh.”

“I just want to make sure this is for real. That you’re going to stay sober, not have a relapse.”

“I understand.” She said, messing with her water.

“Of course though I will come visit you and maybe spend the night. I just want to make sure, I don’t think I can take it if anything else goes wrong in my life.” I said.

“Of course, whatever you want. I will prove it to you that I have changed and I am keeping it that way.”

I smiled. “I’m glad to hear it.”

“So, what are your plans for today?” she asked.

“I was hoping we could spend some time together. Landon’s off with his father and the pack.” I explained.

“I would love that.”

There was one question that I have been dying to ask but to afraid. “Have you heard anything from dad?” I ask.

She looks up at me startled. “no.” she said looking down.

Sometimes I forget that my mom and dad are mates. It has to be hard, knowing what they did and what kind of person they are and still love them.  “Me either.”

We sat at the table catching up and reminiscing about old times. When dinner came along I ended up staying and eating with her, it felt like old times. Almost. When it was time for me to leave, she found out I was walking so she insisted that she gave me a ride home. When we pulled up to the house, I saw that Mr. Carter and Landon were back so I waved goodbye to my mother and hurried into the house.

When I got inside I went up stairs to check his room first and heard his shower going so I went back downstairs and went to my room to grab my bag. It is Sunday and I almost forgot about my homework. I went into the TV room and sat on the floor with my back against the couch and took out my books. Not even half way through my homework Landon came in, sitting next to me, giving me a kiss on the check.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Homework. It is Sunday so it has to be done.” I look over at him. “Where’s yours?” I asked.

“It’s done.” He said.

I narrow my eyes at him. “Right but see somehow I doubt that. Go get it, Landon, it has to be done. Plus we graduate soon, don’t you want to graduate?” I ask.

He shrugs. “Doesn’t matter. I already have a job when I graduate so it’s not a top priority for me.”

“Landon. You are going to graduate, if you like it or not. Go get your homework.”

He looks at me with raised eyebrows. “okay.” He says slowly.

When he returns he sits down and starts on it. Were quite for a while and even Jane brought in some snacks for us.

I finally tell him. “I’m not moving by the way.” I said while still working but I was met by silence. I look over and he was still bent over his work. “Hello? Did you not hear me?”

“I heard you, still processing. What do you mean?” he asked.

“Well, I told my mom that I want proof that she is committed to stay sober. That I am not moving in with her until I am for sure that she can do it.”

I can tell he’s trying to hold back a smile. “okay.” He said nodding.

I roll my eyes. “But I will be visiting her a lot and may even spend the night.”

“That’s great. I’m glad you guys are trying to make it work.”

We get back to our homework and after that is finished we watch a movie but we go to bed early since it is a school night.

so comment and vote and fan.

sorry if it's short.

kind of boring i know but it had to be put in there so....

thinking about changing the cover to the picture to the right. ----------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>

tell me what you think.