chapter 5

This week went by pretty fast since I was doing two things all week. One, i was avoiding Landon and two, I was avoiding my father. My dad was pretty easy since all I had to do was stay in my room or sneak around which wasn't hard because I know his schedule. Landon was harder because it seemed like he was everywhere and I was forcing myself not to go near him.

I could tell the bond was getting stronger. I was so screwed. This weekend was going to be hell. They always were because I never left the house, my father won't let me. And because since I never left he always sees me which pisses him off.

I was at my locker grabbing my stuff, getting ready to head home when someone came up behind me. I turned seeing Landon standing there with his hands in his pockets looking anywhere but at me. Oh and you know what happens when he's pissed

"Hey," He said softly.

"Hi." I shut my locker and faced him.

He glanced down then at me. "You'll be careful this weekend, right?"

I tried to smile to reassure him. "I'm always careful, Landon." He nodded but I can tell he doesn't believe me. I put a hand on his arm ignoring the excitment of touching him and said, "I'll see you Monday."

***

It was Saturday and I was sneaking my way down stairs to get something to drink when my father walks around the corner.

"What are you doing? Get in the kitchen and clean it up and after that you can clean the living room. I hope you see where this is going because by the time I get back this house will be spotless. Got it?" He looked at me one last time with a sneer then left the house slamming the door behind him.

I sighed. I got to work and started with the kitchen and worked to room to room. When I was done I sat down on the couch tired and aching.

I heard my mom's footsteps on the stairs then I heard the fridge and cupboards opening and closing. She better not be making a mess. I got up and walked into the kitchen and froze in my footsteps. The cupboards doors were open and half of the stuff that was supposed to be in them was now on the counters and table and the floor.

"Mom!" she froze where she was standing. "I just cleaned this. Dad is going to kill me if he sees this. He'll kill me! Literally, I'm not being over dramatic about it either." I rushed over and started throwing it all back in the cupboards and fridge. But of course the bang of the front door told me that it was to late.

I looked up at my mom but she was staring above me. I was too scared to turn around. I slowly straightened and looked behind me. My dad was fuming. He looked everywhere then finally his eyes found me.

"Did I not make myself clear enough for you? Or did you want me to draw you a picture?" He snapped.

He stomped over to me and grabbed my face forcing me to look around. "This is the opposite of what I wanted." He pushed me away from him. "Are you that stupid?!"

I stood where I was. I was breathing hard and my mind was reeling waiting for his next move. What shocked me was that he punched me! Yes, he's slapped me before but punching is worse. There could be a split lip or a broken nose. But he punched me in the face, making me dropped to the floor.

He knelt down next to me and grabbed a chunk of my hair forcing me to look at him. "You know, if I would kill you right now no one would notice, no one would even blink an eye." He whispered in a low growl.

When he said that my thoughts drifted to Landon, I know one person that would notice.

He slammed my head down on the kitchen floor and stood up. He kicked me in the stomach over and over again. When I thought he was done I tried to get up but he put his foot on my back and pushed me back down. He knelt down and punched me again. He punched and kicked and pushed and slapped and while he was doing this my mother was standing on the other side eating. I thought this could be it; I could finally be free of him, of this life.

I woke up but didn't recognize the ceiling. I looked over when I heard a beeping noise and saw a machine. I frowned in confusion and looked down. I was in a green gown and a tub was going into my hand.

Finally everything dawned on me. I was in the hospital. I remembered everything about last night until I blacked out. I groaned when I tried to sit up. Two strong arms wound themselves around my back and helped me up. I looked over and Landon was there.

"How'd you..."I trail off, my throat was to dry and my voice cracked.

He reached behind him and handed me a cup. I downed it asking for more. When I downed three cups I was finally able to talk. "How'd you find out?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, looking down. "Um, I kind of had someone watch your house."

"What? Why?" I leaned back against the pillows.

"Maybe because I was hoping to avoid this." He said gesturing towards my body in the hospital bed.

"Well it's not like this is the first time that I've been in a hospital bed, Landon."

He growled. "You're not living at your house anymore."

"Excuse me?" I asked whipping my head towards him and staring in disbelief.

"You're going to be staying in the spare room at my parents' house. I already talked it over with my parents and they talked to the cops. It's all set." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

I froze. "Cops?"

"Yes cops. Remember, I had someone watching your house. He heard what was happening and called it in. The cops are the ones that brought you here."

"My dad's going to kill me." I groaned.

"No he's not. He's in jail right now and your mother is being sent to rehab so you need a place to stay."

"I can't stay with you. I barely know you." My stomach clenched at the thought but I couldn't decipher if it was dread or butterflies.

"Aubrey, your living with me and my family. It's already planned; we're waiting for you to be released. You're coming weather you like it or not." He said getting closer.

Oh boy.

Comment and tell me what you think! Please I'm begging you! lol just comment.

And don't forget to....VOTE

 and of course fan!