chapter 30

CAUTION!!!!!!!

AUTHER'S NOTE

my life as Aubrey is sadly coming to an end, :(

a couple more chapter's and Aubrey's story will be over. it makes me sad but it has to happen.

so here is chapter 30, i hope you like it

 also i am deleting one of my story's, 'the impossible'

I shut the door and walk down the hallway towards the kitchen. I walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle of water. I turn around and I jump a foot in the air.

“Jane!” I said taking a deep breath.

“Sorry, Aubrey, I thought you heard Me.” she walked towards me and handed me an envelope.

“What’s this?” I ask taking it.

“Look at the address.” She said.

I frown but look at it anyways. Williams prison. “What…” I said in disbelief. “He wrote me a letter?” I asked.

She nodded. “Yeah your father wrote you a letter.” She said.

I shook my head. “Do I read it?” I ask her.

She shrugged. “That is internally up to you.” She patted my arm and walked out.

I slowly walked to the table and sat down. I stared down at it for twenty minutes before getting up and walking into my room. I opened my top drawer and stuffed it in. I backed up to the bed and sat down.

Why would he write to me? From what he said to me in the court room, I would have never thought he would write to me. I looked down at my hands, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Should I read it? or should I tear it up and throw it away and never think of it again?

I stand up and walk slowly towards my dresser but a bang comes from outside and I hurry out of my room to meet up with Landon.

***

I walk down the hallway and knock lightly on the door.

“Yes?” she calls out. I open the door and peak inside. “Oh, Aubrey! Please come inside.”

I walk to her desk and sit down on one of the chairs. “I’m sorry. Is this a bad time?” I ask.

“No, no not at all. What can I do for you?”

“I um want to talk to you about scholarships.”

She grinned at me and pulled out a file. “Okay, I have to admit that I kind of already made some out for you. So here are some scholarships for schools. There’s some for here or close by but there’s also ones for college’s far away. Like Yale, Princeton and Harvard.” She said.

I gaped at her. “Harvard? You honestly think I can get into Harvard?” I asked.

“You’re a very bright girl, Aubrey. Yes I do think that.”

“Well, thinks I’ll check these schools out. I don’t really know what I want to be though.” I confessed.

“I’m going to be honest with you. You’re handing in these applications awfully late. We don’t really know if they will accept them but you don’t have to worry about that, it’s perfectly normal for kids to take a year off. But if you want to go in the fall, you better think fast.” She told me.

“I’ll think of something.” I said.

“I’m proud of you, Aubrey. For doing this.” she beamed at me.

***

On my way home that day I kept thinking over and over again about what I am going to do. I never really realized it but I want to go to college. I want a career, an education. But there’s also Landon. There’s no way I am going to let him give up on becoming Alpha. I could go to a community college close by but in the long run I’m going to have to go to another college though. I could drive back and forth from here to school. But I don’t have to decide now. I might not even get in to a far way college. I’ll just fill them all out and see where I get into.

When I arrived home I found Jane at the kitchen table on her lap top. Last night I decided to ask her a few questions that will help me decide on what I am going to do.

I sit down across from her and she smiles at me over her laptop. “Jane?”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?”

She closes her laptop. “Of course. What do you need?”

“Would a soon to be Alpha be able to give up the position to the Beta?” I asked.

She frowned but answered. “Yes. But I wouldn’t recommend it.”

“Why?”

“Aubrey, if the Alpha gave up the position to the Beta he wouldn’t be able to protect the pack like a Alpha would be able to. He wouldn’t have the strength, the power like a Alpha does.” She explained.

“right.” I nodded.

“Why do you ask?” she asked me.

I shook my head. “Just learning more about this.” I said.

She nodded her head but didn’t look away from me. “thanks.” I said and stood.

So if Landon gives up on his position, then the pack is weak and is in the risk of getting hurt by other packs trying to take it over.

Well that’s not going to happen because Landon isn’t going to give it up. I am going to do whatever it takes in order to make him stay Alpha. Even if that means putting aside my feelings and maybe even…leaving.

so,

COMMENT

VOTE

AND FAN!!!!!!!

P.S on word this chapter is 3pages so i'm sorry if it's shorter on here. i tried my best!