[27] Escape from Azkaban

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, except for my own! :) Magic and other stuff belong to J.K. Rowling.

[27] Escape from Azkaban

            I stared in horror through the darkness, trying to make out anything I could see with my crystal blue eyes, but I saw nothing. The area in front of me was pitch black; I had quickly pulled out my wand from my boot as I backed up just a bit. “Teddy, James, Scorp, Kenzie? Are you guys around here?” I called out into the darkness as the only thing I could see was the cold air coming out of my mouth.

“I’m right behind you Clary,” I heard McKenzie’s voice behind me as I tried to furiously look at her face, but again I couldn’t see anything.

“Where are the boys?” I asked as I felt something cold brush up against me, “Expecto Patronum!” I called out quickly as a burst of bright, white light erupted from the end of my wand and cast a web like shield, immediately shedding light upon the scene as a Dementor was blown back.

“Bloody hell good work Clary! How did you know it was there?” I heard McKenzie’s voice ask me as I backed away slightly.

“Honestly… I felt the coldness.” I said as I kept my wand raised. “McKenzie, we have to stick close to each other and try to find the others, don’t get separated from me –“

“James! Clary!” I heard the familiar voice of Uncle Harry call out to us as I saw a bright stag galloping down the hallways as I noticed just how many dementors were surrounding us. I turned around to face McKenzie when I noticed a Dementor hovering above her, my mind immediately filled with fearful thoughts as I stared wide eyed at the scene in front of us.

“McKenzie, behind you!” I yelled in a panic as McKenzie quickly whooped around to come face to faceless with the Dementor. Before, however, she could say a word another stag came running out of nowhere and hit the Dementor full force, sending it back a ways. Our heads immediately turned to see if Uncle Harry had caused this, but he was busy helping out a few other students, we turned back around to see James standing there rather lazily, with his hand still raised up. “James?”

“The one and only,” James replied cheekily as he walked towards us, his stag following close behind, “you two alright? It seemed like the dementors sort of separated all of us when the lights went out… I can’t seem to find Scorp or Teddy anywhere.”

“We’re fine.” I replied as I looked down at his stag, “James, I didn’t know you knew how to produce a patronus so well. I guess it runs in the family eh?” I asked as I looked from James’ patronus to Harry’s.

“Yeah… well. What can you say? Dad started teaching me early on how to make a patronus… and I don’t know, I like the stag the best.” James said with a shrug as I smiled and looked down at McKenzie to see her grinning as well.

“Well that was awesome! Though I could have handled it myself.” McKenzie huffed next to me as I smiled.

“James!” I heard Uncle Harry’s voice call out to James as we turned to see him advancing our way, his stag right next to him. “James, are you alright?” Uncle Harry asked his son, his eyes filled with worry, James just nodded his head.