[4] Hectic

[4] Hectic

“Clary,” I heard a voice calling out to me in the distance, “Clary, wake up.” I turned around on my stomach trying to block out the sound. Could they not see I was trying to sleep? “Clarissa you need to get up.” The voice was firmer this time, it almost sounded like my mum when she tried waking me up in the mornings.

“Five more minutes mum.” I said with a murmur, not once taking my head out from under the warm covers.

“Get your arse up, I’m not your mum.” I heard the voice speak loudly as I groaned, why could they not leave me alone? I then recognized the voice to belong to Lara Weasley.

“Lara… just let me sleep.” I said with a quiet yawn and as soon as I said that I felt the comforts of my blanket being ripped off my body. I felt the cold air nip my exposed skin as I kept my eyes closed trying to fell for my blanket, but it was nowhere in reach of my hand.

“Get up Clary; do you really want to be late on your first day?” I heard Lara asked as I groaned, finally letting my eyes flutter open as I looked up to see Lara already dressed in her school uniform. I let out a loud, overdramatic yawn as I looked up at her.

“Lara… you do realize classes don’t actually start until nine am right?” I asked sitting up on my bed rubbing the sleeps out of my eyes as she rolled her eyes at me.

“Yes, but I do want some breakfast, and knowing you, you wouldn’t have woken up until late afternoon.” She replied as I sighed.

“Alright, I’ll get ready.” I said groggily as I stood up and went into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. Most people say that after they take a shower, they feel awake, I feel like that is the opposite for me, because when I walked back out I felt more relaxed and tired than I was when I woke up. I slowly made my way to my trunk as I slipped on my Ravenclaw uniform and finished by leaving my hair down in their soft curls. I applied light make up and made my way downstairs to the common room where Lara was waiting, rather impatiently for me.

“Finally, Clary, sometimes I think you’re worse than James when it comes to the mornings.” Lara said with a sigh as I gave her a sleepy smile, why did we have to be in the Great Hall so early? Why couldn’t they just deliver us our schedules when we were still in bed, sleeping?

Lara and I walked down to the Great Hall together; talking about which classes we would have this year since both Lara and I got all Outstandings on our O.W.L.s. I groaned as I realized I would probably have to take all six classes this year while James and Teddy probably wouldn’t have to, since they didn’t really care. Soon Lara was gushing about how she’s hoping to have a class with Bradley; I think Lara liked Bradley more than Libby did, if that’s even possible.

Luckily, I didn’t have to hear too much about Bradley since we soon arrived in the Great Hall, and I immediately noticed the buzz going around the Great Hall. Maybe Lara and I were a tad bit late since it seemed like everybody was already at breakfast. I looked around the large Great Hall and spotted three boys who were sitting towards the end of the Gryffindor table, Scorpius receiving a few glares from the Gryffindors sitting at the table as his green colors showed brightly with all the red and gold around him. “There’s Bradley!” I heard Lara squeal next to me as I noticed Bradley Hucklebere was walking towards Lara and me. “He’s coming over to us!” she whispered loudly in my ear as I rolled my eyes at her girlish ways.