[21] Rumors & New Students

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry POtter characters or McKenzie and Savannah McKay, they belong to 3DaysFromLove.

Dedicated to 3DaysFromLove to introduce her character(s)!

[21] Rumors & New Students

            “You don’t have to go Clary,” Mum said for about the hundredth time as I stood in front of King’s Cross Station with her, dad, Uncle Harry and Uncle George.

“Marlow even said you didn’t have to come back right after Christmas break, she understands and said you could take as much time off as possible.” Dad said looking down at me as I sighed.

“I think your parents are right Clary, I really think you still need to stay and recover and have us check everything around Professor Charles and what happened to Benson.” Harry said as I gave them all a weak smile. Mum, dad, and the rest of the family knew about Professor Charles and the man with the nefarious eyes now, I mean I couldn’t well avoid telling them anymore. Not since that night I was sent to St. Mungos and that’s where I’ve been since the New Years Eve Party until just a few days ago before Christmas Break ended. I knew they mean well and are just worried about me, but I couldn’t have this man break me. And I wasn’t about to let my fear get the best of me going back to school.

“I know.” I said for the millionth time to all of them as I looked at them and gave them a weak smile, “Trust me I know. But this is something I have to do. You have to understand that I can’t let this guy get to me, and the thing with Professor Charles… I know he didn’t do that, he may be creepy, but he wouldn’t kill anyone.” I replied as I looked at all of them and then back at the train, James, Teddy, Scorpius, Lars and Libs were already on the train. “Anyways, Professor Marlow knows that she can’t do anything about Professor Charles unless she has proof, and she will be keeping a more watchful on me.”

“I just don’t like the idea of you going back after what happened Clary.” Dad said looking down at me worriedly. I looked up at him and gave him a hug, he was just worried, and they all were. But I had to go back, if I stayed home, I feel like it would be unsafe for them. If I was at Hogwarts they’d be safer, and I need to figure out who this man is and what he wants with me.

“I’ll owl you all everyday and what could happen at Hogwarts?” I asked with a smile as Harry, Uncle George and dad all exchanged weary glances, I groaned, of course something could happen at Hogwarts. I mean that’s where the Second Wizarding War was. “Just please let me do this. I need to be brave and forget about this.”

“Clary… You’re already brave.” Mum said looking at me as I gave her a fake smile, if only she knew just how scared I was. “Fine go back, but you stay close to the boys and Lara and Libby.”

“Very close.” Uncle George with a wink as dad glared his twin.

“Not too close, not to Lupin or Malfoy at least.” Dad responded with his arms crossed as mum rolled her eyes at my dad.

“I will and I won’t. I promise.” I said as I looked at all of them.

“I’m going to have Kingsley check around and I’m sure the Ministry is going to be more involved with what happened.” Uncle Harry said to me as I nodded and looked down at the little kitten lying on the ground patiently. “Come on Tiberius, time to go broad the train and then we get to go to Hogwarts, you’ll love it there.”