[13] Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter stuff or those characters, except my own!

[13] Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin

            “Clary!” Teddy broke my train of thought as I shook my head and turned to look at him. He was wearing his usual Gryffindor attire but he had a Ravenclaw pin on his robe.

“Huh?” I asked dazedly as I looked at Teddy.

“Bloody hell Riddle, you’ve been spacing out all morning. You better not be like this during the Quidditch game against Slytherin.” Teddy said next to me as I smiled uneasily.

“Oh I won’t. Trust me, nothing could get me to not focus on this game.” I replied easily with a smile. Even though, mentally I wasn’t sure if I actually was ready for this game. I was still uneasy about what Headmaster Marlow said at dinner the night we got back from Hogsmeade… Or the fact of what she didn’t say. I turned my attention back on the breakfast I hadn’t touched yet, thinking back to that night. She didn’t say anything. Not a single thing about disappearance of Professor Adams, all she said was he was taking a bit of time off. So now we had a temporary Muggle Studies teacher, who basically knew nothing about it. She was ancient; if it wasn’t for her not being see through I would have thought she was a ghost.

So there I was, trying to focus on eating and getting my energy for the big Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin Quidditch game before the Christmas Break. And boy was that hard since I was also trying to figure out why Headmaster Marlow didn’t tell us the truth, I suppose because she didn’t want students to get uneasy, but our group knew and we were already uneasy. I sighed in frustration as I stuffed some food in my mouth looking over to see Teddy trying to get James to get up, for some reason Benson never ratted on James for hitting him, which was good. Teddy and James were both supporting the Ravenclaw team or me for that matter. Teddy was giving Scorpius a rather hard time about it, it felt as if it was now a serious competition, since Teddy told me if I didn’t win he would dye my hair pink over Christmas Break. Well both Teddy and James threatened me.

I continued eating as I looked over at the chatter and excitement going around the Great Hall. I smiled somewhat, at least this would be a good thing in order for me to get my mind off what’s been happening. “James would you get your lazy arse up.” I replied with a smile as I bite into my apple.

“No…. Just wake me whenever the game starts then I’ll be up.” James murmured in his arm as he was sleeping on the table. I smiled down at James, he was so lazy, but when it came to a good Quidditch match, he was probably the loudest and most enthusiastic about them. Especially since now, he was sporting a large Ravenclaw hat and wearing all blue and silver, bloody hell if it wasn’t for Teddy and I stopping him he was going to dye his whole body blue and silver.

“You’re such a lazy bum.” I replied with a smile as James snored in response, I rolled my eyes at him as I continued to eat my food. “Where’s Scorp?” I asked looking over at the empty seat next to me. Usually he was one of the first ones down here.

“He went early to the Quidditch field I think,” Teddy said next to me as his lips turned up in a grin, “He’s probably just hiding due to the fact that his arse is going to be kicked by one of our best friends.”