[30] Walking into Death's Open Arms

disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters except my own or the magical world that belongs to J.K. ROwling! :D

[30] Walking into Death's Open Arms 

Dear Gabriel & Eric,

          I am sorry you have to read this at this certain time. I truly am, but I do not think I can go through with this plan. I’ve come to realize that I have, indeed fallen in love with Marley Evans… I know I dug myself in too deep, but you don’t understand how wonderful she is. I can not kill her like father wants; I can not harm her in that way. And I can not harm my unborn child in that way… Yes you’ve read correctly, and no it wasn’t some spelling mistake Gabriel. Marley Evans/Riddle is pregnant, with my baby…That is why I plan on screwing her over, like any other teenage boy would do. I plan on dumping her; I will have nothing to do with Marley or my unborn child. She will be lost forever in this world, so neither of you nor Father will be able to find her or my child. I am sorry I have to do this to you, I know how important this was to Father, but I’ve come to realize there is much more to this life than power, and once the day comes where father will be gone for good, I will reunite with my family.

I hope someday you two will be able to forgive me… I know Eric you are attached to father in a way, but you must realize what he is doing is not good and not for the well being of our Wizarding World. He is power hungry. We all must leave him; we all must know that he will not go far… I have moved on, I’m happier now with Martha, my adoptive mother as well as Bernard, even if he is an old git. You both should move on as well, especially you Gabriel. I am sure there will be pretty girls just trailing after you, even if you are only eight. Please know Eric that you will always be what I look as to be my older brother, but father is polluting your mind, just like he has been for these years. You must leave him, please; Bellatrix and the rest are no different. They are not there to protect you, just like Voldemort was never there to protect Marley, his biological daughter.

Again, I am sorry to the both of you that I am cutting off all ties to you two, but I will not be brain washed any longer. I will live in the muggle world undetected and I will someday be reunited with my love and my child. Marley has forever changed me. Voldemort will need someone else to do his dirty work, but when the day comes when he comes for my child on his/her’s seventeen birthday, he should know I will be ready. I will defend my family, even if it is against my other family. Maybe, one day, we all will be able to see each other once again and you can properly meet Marley, she truly is a wonderful girl. Gabriel I’m sure you would find her pretty, though she may not cook very well, whenever she blushes she makes this cute scrunched up face. And Eric, she may just be a mere Experiment for you, but she is much more than that. She has much more than that. And my child will not be an experiment for anyone, not the way Marley was.

Please be safe my brothers, I care for you so. Remember in the end, the bad guys always lose and we are the bad guys. Oh and if Gabriel is looking for Voldemort, I’ll be taking care of him until the time comes when I can give him to my child…

          Sincerely,

Nathan P. Ashford

          I re-read the letter, over and over again. I almost had it completely memorized by now. Tears were streaming down my face as I scrunched up the letter once more, as I did when I first read it in the shrieking shack with the rest of my friends. I hated this letter, I hated it. I rolled over on my back on my bed as the images of a couple weeks ago flowed through my mind when we all gathered around in the Shrieking Shack, getting ready to discover the truths that lay hidden in this God forsaken letter. Of course when I first read the letter out loud, I couldn’t exactly believe what I was saying.