Chapter 37

Theo's POV

I was walking around my room, in wolf form. I had been in wolf form for three days now - ever since Stella got banned. For all that I know in this world, I will not forgive my father. Not today, not tomorrow, never.

Not leaving my room was hard, I had nothing to do besides being sad. The though of the possibility of never seeing my mate again made my chest hurt. I couldn't stand the pain very good.

I haven't gone to school since Sunday. All I have been doing is walking around in my room, sleeping and howling. Howls was the only thing I let out of myself, besides tears and whimpers.

A knock on the door got my attention, "Theo, you need to get out of there!" It was my mom. She was really worried about me. I liked that about her, that she cares about me. But it is my dad who's the problem here, not her. I wont let anyone from the pack in here, everyone will tell my dad about what they have seen and what I have said to them.

The knocks disappeared after a little while, then I heard footsteps walking away from my room. They already knew that the door was locked.

Maybe I need to get out of here? I would like to run in the forest for a little while.

'Me too.' My wolf Geo said, thinking about the forest surrounding the little village our pack lived in.

I shifted back to human form. It felt weird to stand on two feet again, to have hands and feet instead of paws. Even though I am mostly human, it felt strange to be in this form. I've never been in wolf form that long, the longest I had been a wolf for was about five hours. But now it was three days.

I put on a pair of black basketball shorts and a white t-shirt before leaving the room. It felt strange to walk, but at the same time it was strangely satisfying.

'I'm going out for a run, wanna come?' I mind-linked Maddie. She also had been locking herself inside of her room, angry at dad and everything really. We had been mind-linking when we were bored, everybody else I shut out. Madeleine was the only person who felt the same pain as me.

'Sure...' Maddie responded quietly and shortly I heard her door open behind me.

We walked down the stairs while looking down at our feet. My mom quickly rushed to us with a worried expression on her face. I probably had dark rings beneath my eyes, just as Maddie had. My eyes were probably red from crying, like hers.

"Where are you two going?" She asked with a worried tone. We didn't answer. I didn't answer because I didn't want to talk. Why Maddie didn't speak I had no clue of. Maybe she was so hurt she couldn't speak without breaking out into tears.

"I'll have to have a serious talk with him..." Mom said angrily to herself and it was obvious that she meant dad. She is going to talk to dad, and tell him what a idiot he is. It made me smile on the inside, my mom is really overprotective with me and Maddie. My dad however has been sitting in his office, doing pack stuff, all week.

I looked up at my mom, she gave me a sad smile and embraced me in a thigh hug. I answered the hug and cried silently into her shoulder. She started petting my head, calming me down a bit.

"Do you want to go to school today? It starts in an hour." Mom said when we pulled out from the hug. I swiped away the tears and nodded. I need to go to school, I can't just stay home all week. Even though I'm sad. Plus that it is unhealthy to just stay in my room all week, I need to get out. And I don't want to get bad grades in school or miss anything important.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a peach. Maddie took one too, even though she isn't going to school today she needs to eat. Everybody does.

"I can drive you there." Mom offered. I shook my head, I wanted to walk. Maddie smiled at my mother, a smile that said ''don't be worried, he'll do just fine".