Back

I looked out of the plane's window and sighed. I was so happy there and it was so nice.

Now we have go back to our pack. Our chaotic pack. There's always something going on.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked quietly.

I turned to him and nodded. It was night time and lots of people were sleeping.

"Yeah. For some reason I thought we'd never have to go back." I whispered jokingly although I was kinda serious.

"Don't you miss everyone?" Daniel asked.

I did.

"Yes but we have to go back and deal with your mom. She hates me and there's gonna be so much drama." I explained with a frown.

I'd love to be heading back on better terms.

"It won't be that bad." He reassured me.

Daniel and I walked through the front door of our house and slightly resented its boringness if that makes sense.

Coming home after a vacation is never fun.

"I'll put the stuff away you can go shower." Daniel said.

The excitement in his voice was gone, I'm sure he realized that we're in for something dramatic by the drama queen herself.

I was happy to get in the shower. I noted that I shouldn't be so negative about being back. I get to see my boy Nathaniel.

I bought him a shirt from Thailand and a cartoon translated into English for him. It's about a little boy who saves his village by fighting off different monsters everyday.

It's actually pretty cool.

I could hear my phone ringing as I stepped out of the shower. Without putting a towel on I stepped out of the bathroom and walked quickly to our room.

The caller I.D. said mommy I hurried to pick the phone up.

"Hi mom!" I said into the phone.

"Hey, beautiful, how was the rest of your honeymoon?" She asked.

I smiled.

"Yes I'm upset we had to come back early-"

"Sexy!" Daniel called as he walked past.

"Are you going to rest before you two show your faces?" My mom asked.

"I am but I'm sure Daniel will go down to his office ot something." I replied.

"Well I don't want to hold you up and keep you from sleeping or unpacking." She said.

"Alright I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love you." I said.

"Love you too." She said beforr hanging the phone up.

I walked back to the bathroom and dried off before throwing on a tank top and a pair of pajama pants. I was actually really tired and didn't even plan on eating later tonight.

Daniel's pov

"and you do understand that Ashley is the Luna now and if you want something done it has to go through me." I explained to my mom.

She irritates me. She wants me to feel bad that she's not Luna anymore but that's how this cycle works. One day I won't have a say anymore.

"But there was no one in charge and everyone was out of control." She lied.

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Jonathan and Honey were in charge. Even if I didn't leave anyone in charge the packvdoes know how to control themselves so don't bring me that." I almsot yelled.

"You treat her better than you treat me! I'm your mother and you pretend I don't exist. I know she's brainwashing you and I wont have it!" She yelled.

"Listen to me." I said through my teeth. "The only one ruining things around here is you. Fix it or leave you're giving this pack a bad reputation."

"I-"

"No. New members were swarming here last year around this time and now words gotten out that my crazy mother is doing to this place. Wolves wanted to come here." I explained.

"Dainel." I heard Ashley say.

She walked in wearing her pajamas her hair was up in a really messy ponytail. Sexy
She's always sexy even when she's gross.

"Sit down, Ashley, we all need to figure this out." I said in a frustrated tone.

She seemed confused before looking at my mother then came to sit down.

"I thought this was done." Ashley commented.

"You need to leave before you destroy this place." My mom said.

"I'm sorry but you're the one who needs to leave. I'm done with this. As the new Luna I override this. You're welcome to visit and come daily but you can't live here anymore nor do you have jurisdiction unless a state of emergency. I'm so tired of dealing with you." Ashley said angrily.

"Ash." I whispered.

She gave me a cold look and I didn't say anything else. I agree but she's still my mother.

"Daniel you can't let her do this!" My mom yelled.

I sighed and looked at her. "It's done. You have a month. Use the house I made you, it's just outside of the territory." I explained nicely.

"My baby is betraying me? His mother! I birthed you!" She yelled, outraged.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Obviously after all these years it's not us, it's you and you need to fix your hold on me. You ran this pack amazingly and that time is over you need to stop stressing. Chill out and do something for yourself." I explained.

I understand letting go of the pack is hard but she's pushed it. She needs a break from causing so much drama anyway.

I glanced over at Ashley and seen her nodding. Agreeing maybe.

"Well I'll be damned. My own son." She said quietly. "My own son."

"This needs to happen." I said.

"I understand, Daniel, I'll be out before the month it up and there won't be any problems." She said it as if she just had an epiphany of sorts.

She looks like she just woke up.

Ashley's pov

"Babe, I called on some people to make sure that your mother's house is okay to live in." I said as we got into bed.

Daniel turned towards me and kissed my forehead.

"I thought you didn't care." He said mockingly.

I shook my head as I scooted closer to him.

"But I do. I seen the actual mother in her tonight and I honestly felt bad. When we were talking all I seen was a vulnerable mother trying to keep her little boy." I whispered.

It hurt me to know I was causing that. Taking her son from her. I took pity on her.

"You know she hates you." Daniel reminded me.

I sighed.

"Yeah."

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

1,088 words used in this chapter.

Lmao people on this site crack me up. They call me an asshole and a bitch because I haven't answered their messages but the truth is I haven't check my messages in months. Also I got a job working at Aéropostale and a get a sick ass discount.

SHARE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE