Working girl

Lmao I love it when certain readers skip a section of the story then get all pissed at me because they missed some information that was as plain as day.

"I get a cubical?" I asked the floor manager Mr. banks.

Mr. Banks is helping me here on my first day. Like training but like he said there's not much training needed to work here. He'll guide me through my day and be here when I need help in the future.

He turned and smiled at me. Human men have a weird look to their faces. I'm not sure what it is.

"Yes its close to the break room and the bathroom." He said as he led me to it.

This place didn't seem like a cubical place. Almost everyone was on a phone or computer or both. It was kinda loud too but no one was shouting.

"Thanks Mr. banks." I said with a small smile.

"As you can already see there's a phone, computer, desk, and an office chair. This chair is old but the better you do the better your cubical gets." He explained before pulling up a school chair.

I sat down in my chair as looked at him.

"How am I supposed to get stories? Not too any famous people live here." I asked.

He shook his head and tapped the computer.

"First you need to know where stars are going to be. You need a twitter so you can follow famous people. You'll also get quite internet famous for your stories. After you find where they are you go or call their managers asking for an interview. You may have to kiss ass." He explained.

"That doesn't sound too hard." I said quietly while fixing my skirt.

"Well you can use your beauty to your advantage. Ask for meeting in person or through Skype." He said quickly.

"What about after I write my articles?" I asked.

"Turn them in to Mr. Bates. Do not! And I mean DO NOT! Let anyone see your stories and don't leave them on your desk." He said seriously.

So the main rule here is basically, trust no one.

"I won't." I said.

He nodded and pointed to the cubical wall.

"I'm not sure if you know but you're allowed to post pictures and things like that in here. You can also bring your own laptop if you don't like this old computer." Mr. Banks explained.

"I'll do that sometime this week." I said.

"Oh! I'm not sure if Bates mentioned it you but you don't have to come in everyday. As long as you come in three days a week you're good. We're a magazine company." He said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled back.

"I think I'll come in everyday until I've been here long enough." I explained before looking around.

At lunch my Mom called me about my dress.

"Can't we just go next week?" I asked.

She sighed and clicked her tongue.

"No. It need to be today, just in case you don't find a dress. I knew we should've done thus earlier." She vented.

"Mommy, I don't feel like going to buy a dress right now!" I hissed into the phone.

She growled and I heard something fall in the background.

"Well. Its too late! We're going, go get over it." She said in an annoyed tone.

I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Fine." I said back in an annoyed tone.

"Don't be a little brat, Ashley, there's still a lot that needs to go into this wedding." My Mom said angrily.

"Fine. I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"I'll talk to you later." She said before hanging up.

"You call your Mom Mommy?" Mr. Banks asked with a smile.

I turned around and nodded.

"Doesn't everyone?" I asked.

He laughed and sat down and shook his head.

"I call my Mom Trisha." He said.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You call your Mom by her first name?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah I always have."

"Don't you think that's disrespectful?" I asked.

He shook his head and tapped the table.

"Nope. She's not really my mother anyway. She just took me in when I was young." He explained.

"Oh." I mumbled awkwardly.

I felt kinda bad for saying that now.

"But its alright some people think I'm supposed to be all broken up over it but Trisha raised me as her own. So I'm good." He said before tapping the table.

"Well you're happy and that's what really counts." I said with a smile.

"So you're married?" He asked while eyeing my ring.

I nodded and looked at it.

"Yeah.....well not yet, were engaged." I said happily.

He smiled too.

"Is it exciting?" He asked.

I shrugged and smiled again.

"Yes and no. There are parts that make me want to just quit but I guess that's how life is. Right?" I asked with a smile.

There were others in the break room also having quiet conversations while eating lunch or drinking coffee.

"Yeah pretty much. What parts?" He asked.

"Any part that has tedious work or something that I just don't want to do." I explained.

He nodded then smiled.

"So you're lazy with a short temper." He stated.

I shrugged.

"Basically." I said honestly.

Who isn't lazy? At least I'm not all wedding crazy like those ladies on TV.

"I think we should get back to work, Ashley." Mr. Banks said as he stood up.

I didn't eat but I wasn't really that hungry anyway.

"Alright." I said as I stood up and followed behind him.

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

908words used in this chapter.

Bitch called me ugly I said "bitch where?" She said "Under all that makeup." I said "Bitch (wipes face) where!?!"

SHARE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE