~Forty One~

Laura's P.O.V

We got married. We went on our honeymoon. Now what? I mean now we can sta- no I mean now what? What happens next? I look out the window and see the old man. Mr. Felmer, the writer. He is writing at his desk. He then stands up with a smile.

Then something looked wrong. His smile faded away and his hands held his chest. He looked like he was gonna pass out. Oh my god! "He's having a heart attack!" I yell.

"What?" Ross says. Autumn, Ross, and Cody then walk up to me. "Oh my god." I look at them a nd run out the door. "Come on!" I call out.

I run across the street to his building. Almost got hit by a car, again. I ran up stairs to his door and tried to open it. Locked. Ross pushes me back and kicks down the door. "Call an ambulance or the police or something!" I yell.

Mr. Feller is on the floor, having a spasm. I climb on top of him and push down on his chest. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

"Come on Mr. Felmer. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6- Please open your eyes." I say. "Laura he's gone." Ross says. "No! Come on. 1, 2, 3-"

"Laura you tried, he's gone." Cody says. "He didn't give up on me, I won't give up on him. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12-" He breathes in. I let out the breath of relief. "Laura?" He says and I smile. Autumn walks up to us and kneels down to him. "Autumn?"

"Hey Mr. Felmer."
.

.

.

"He's too old. His time has come." The doctor says. "Doesn't he have any family?" Ross asked. "All his family is gone. He's alone." Autumn says. "Well, he does have daughter and 3 granddaughters. One granddaughter is here." The doctor says.

"Who is it? Where is she?" I ask looking around. "She's right there." He says pointing at me. I look at my friends and husband. "What?"

Mom then walks in with Alexis" "Laura!" She says and runs up to me. "That's your dad?" I ask. "Yes. I'm guessing you met him already." She says and looks at the doctor. "This way." He says.

Mom follows him. I look at my friends then follow my mom. I walk in the room and cross my arms and Mr. Felmer. "Oh look at that, your mother is here." I smile with a small glare. "So your the guy that left my grandma. Left my mom. My aunt Cindy."

"I tried to call." He says. "And I ignored. I was 16 then, I didn't understand. I get it now dad." Mom says. "What?" I say. "He didn't leave. He was thrown out and was told to leave his kids alone."

"Really?" I said. "Your grandmother is one fierce lady." Mr. Felmer says. "She sure is."

"I'm gonna miss you Mr. Felmer. I mean grandpa." I say. "Me too. Don't stop making music. Dying flame is gonna be a hit one day."

-Flashback-

"Can I hear a song?" He asked and I look at him. "I'm sorry, what?" I say. "Well you read one of my poems, can I hear one these songs you write?"

"Uh sure, I guess." I say. I take in a deep breath and start to sing.

You grabbed my wrist

And pushed to me floor

I cried and screamed

Then someone opened the door

We were so close

I told you everything

Now I'm the peasant

And your the king

Best friends

Now I regret

Everything I said

The fact that we met

Thought the fire burns

I can't see the lying

The truth is

The flame is dying

-End Of Flashback-

"I actually wrote a little more of it." I say. "Sing for me. Your voice is amazing." I smile and start to sing.

I stay locked up in my room

Trying to forget it

Replaying in my head

Yelling for you to quit

I never expected this

Especially not from you

You know everything about me

I trusted you

Best friends

Now I regret

Everything I said

The fact that we met

Thought the fire burns

I can't see the lying

The truth is

The flame is dying

He smiles. "Keep it up." He says and I nod. Mom kisses his forehead and I see a few tears s
go down her cheeks. "Goodbye dad." She then walks out the room. "You got married. I saw you in the wedding dress." Mr. Felmer tells me. "So you stalk me." We both laugh.

I then feel Ross's arm around me and look at him. Autumn and Cody walk up to me too. "You have great friends that you call family. And you have an amazing family." I nod.

Vanessa and Riker then walk in. "Is that him?" Vanessa asked and I nod. "Hi grandpa." She says. "You 6, stay close and never let each other go. Vanessa, I'm giving you my apartment." He hands he the keys.

She smiles. "Thank you." He gave me his poems. I loved his poems. I look at my fri- family and smile. When something ends, something else begins.

"My life maybe coming to an end, but yours is just beginning."

The End

Hope you all enjoyed the book. Sorry it took me so long to update. Comment if you want me to write more stories or maybe even a sequel to this one.

Believe In Yourself < 333