~Three~

"You have a boyfriend.... okay. I'm just gonna, go." Ross says before walking out. He walks back to where Lillian and Vanessa are. "How did it go?" Vanessa asked. "Ask Andrew!" Ross says pushing past her and going to his car.

"I'm gonna leave with Ross. Tell Laura I'll see her when I get home." Vanessa says, chasing after Ross. "Ross! Wait!" Ross stops at his car and looks a Vanessa. "Come on, we're going for a ride." Vanessa says taking his keys. She sits in the drivers side and Ross sits in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" Ross asked, annoyed. "Somewhere. Somewhere memorable. Somewhere special." Ross rolled his eyes and and Vanessa drove them to Clear water lake. "Why are we here?" Ross asked. "What do you see?" Vanessa answered, with another question.

"I see myself leaving." Vanessa glared at him and he sighed. "I see the water and the grass and me and Laura." He replied. "You and Laura?" Ross nodded. "It was 6 in the morning and the sun was setting. She told me I had a sparkle in my eyes and we swam around. We were, happy."

"Come on!" Vanessa exclaimed and pulled him back to the car. She then drove him to the stables. They got out the car and Vanessa once again asked, "What do you see?" Ross smiled a little. "I see me, Laura, Riker, and uh you. I was scared to ride the horse but I did it anyway cause of Laura."

Now Vanessa was smiling. She pulled him off to the meadow and asked him again. "All of us looking at clouds and then me and Laura walked off. We hung out and had fun." Ross answers. "Now answer this, What were you and Laura?" Vanessa asked. "Friends." Ross replies.

"What kind?" Ross gives her a confused look. "Best friends?" He said, more like a question. "Okay. Now I want you to go to the hospital and be best friends." Vanessa tells him. Ross looked at her with a smile and hugged her. "I'm glad your back."

Before they left Ross walked to the barn. Vanessa followed and looked at the barn. "Whoa. This is amazing." She said. "This is where me and Laura walked off to." Vanessa smiled and walked inside. "Wait!" Ross called out and chased after her.

"What is this?" She asked. Vanessa looked at the blanket on the floor and the used candles. A basket that was open and torn down decorations. "This isn't best friends." Ross says. "This is way more then best friends."

.

.

.

-a week later-

Ross and Laura talked it out and felt much better about each other. Ross said that the past is the past and what happened stays there, not here. Laura didn't want to say but shr knrw he was right. She didn't say yes to being again for onlt him, but for Riker too.

Riker was her best friend and she talked to him about anything and everything. She wants that back as much as Vanessa wants Ross back. They agreed to be.... okay friends.

They don't really talk but it's not as awkward as it seems. They make it not awkward by laughing at the silence. That's Ross and Laura for you. Andrew and Ross became good friends through out the week. The weird part is Laura doesn't care.

She likes that her "best friend" and boyfriend get a long, even though they both know. Ross knows that Andrew knows about their past and is totally fine with it. He knows that Andrew knows that it was the past and the future is all about him and Laura.

Laura likes that. Ross likes that. Ross and Laura were walking home from school. Ross took out his phone and started recording Laura. "What are you doing? Stop it!" Laura laughed. Ross moved his phone and pointed it straight forward. Laura looked straight and stopped in her tracks.

Andrew was holding a sign that read, Prom? Laura smiled a little. "Laura Marie Marano, would you do me the honor by letting me take you to your prom?" Andrew asked as he took her hand.

Laura didn't feel that spark or the electricity of excitement that you get when you get asked to prom. Laura's smile kinda faded as she looked at Ross's phone.

"I'm sorry. No."

She said no! Why? What is Andrew gonna say? Or think? What about Ross? What's he gonna say?

B e l i e v e. I n. Y o u r s e l f.