~Twenty Five~

Laura's POV

Me and Cody were sitting at the kitchen table just talking. The goal for me and Ross was to stay in bed all day but that obviously didn't work out too well. Ross left to the store to get food. Cody and I are talking wedding stuff.

"So I'm obviously the best man!" Cody says. "Well," I say and he gives me a look.

"Ross can't decide between you and Riker. I mean Riker is his brother and has been his best friend since day one. But you've been there for him through everything after. And you've been there for Autumn and me. Your just the best."

"Then why can't I get a girlfriend!" Cody says as Autumn walks in. "Is Cody talking about his date from 3 days ago again?" Autumn said. "I just don't get it. I'm a cool guy, right?" Cody said. Laura and Autumn looked at each other.

"Of course you are honey." Laura says as she grabs his arm and Autumn stands behind the chair he was sitting in and hugs him from behind. "You just gotta find the right girl. I mean you never know, she could be right in front of you." Autumn says.

"She's probably that girl I met at McDonald's!" Cody says and they all laugh. "Come on, Cody. Lets take you out for dinner." Laura says. "What about Ross?" Autumn asked. "Don't worry about that." She replies looking at her phone with a smile.

Laura's POV

I stared at the text from Ross and just smiled. "What's with the smile?" Cody asked. I looked at both my best friends. "He makes a big deal about this dinner he wants to cook than texts me, and I quote,

Hey beautiful, I know I was supposed to make dinner but I decided to eat a buffet instead. Did I ever mention how much I love you guys? Cause you know, I love you guys. Meet me at Golden Corral. Xoxo." Laura says.

"I'm gonna kick his butt." Autumn says. "We'll help." Cody and I say at the same time. We both then look at each other and all laugh. I go to my room and grab my white high top converse. These are the only pair on converse I own.

I'm hoping to get all the colors soon. I check the whiteboard on the fridge before I leave. Me and Ross write reminders there. "My first day of work tomorrow, Yay!!" I say, excitedly. "Why so excited?" Cody asked, putting on his jacket.

"Because I'm finally out the house and doing something. Plus starting the job means getting paid, and I kinda like this apartment." Cody smiles and puts his arm around me. He then puts his other arm around Autumn and we walk out.

.

.

We got to Golden Corral and the first thing I see is Ross talking to some girl. He had a rose in his hand. "Laur?" I hear Autumn say before looking up. At first I thought just a friend. Then I saw the wink and laugh.

"Laura, he would never do that to you." Cody whispers. The girl then gives him a slip of paper, he gives her the rose and walks off. "Yes!" He exclaims as he turns around. He smiled changed real quick when he saw my face.

"No, no, no, it's not like that. I swear Laura, I was just- kinda like- Okay I-" I cut him off. "You were flirting." I say, tears stinging my eyes. "Yes." He says with a smile, then his eyes go wide. "Not like that!"

"I was flirting a little to try to get her to cater for the wedding. I could never- would never, hurt you." Ross says grabbing both my hands. "Okay." I say taking my hands back.

Ross walks us to the table we sit in. I see a bouquet of Roses and smile. "Can't stay mad at me forever. I got way more surprises." He whispers into my ear behind me. I bite my bottom lip and he gives me a small glare.

Autumn sits in the booth and Cody went to sit next to her. "No. That seat is for Laura." She says. I smile and sit next to my best friend. "Come on, Laur." Ross says. "Do you hear that Autumn?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Hear what? I don't hear anything." She replies and we both look at Ross. He rolled his eyes as the guy came with our drinks. "Thank you." We all say and I look at him. "Laura? Ross?"

"Jake!" Ross practically yelled. Ross got up from his seat and I quickly jumped in front of him. Ross then push past me and I feel to the ground. "Ross stop!" Autumn and I yell as Cody grabs his arm.

"It was a year ago, let it go." Jake says. "Shut up, before you make it worse." I say standing up. "No one was talking to you!" He yells. "Who the hell do you think your yelling at?" Autumn yells back. "Who fuck are you? Stay out of it freckles!" Jake says.

"And you went too far." Ross says pushing him. "Ross!" Cody yells. "Laura." Jake says putting a piece of hair behind her. "Oh hell no!" Cody says pushing him away from me. Ross grabs his collar and pulls him closer to him.

"Ross!" I yell. "Don't stoop down to his level. You are a better person than that." Autumn tells him. Ross lets go of Jake and pushes him away.

"Lets get the hell out of here!"

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was at my Aunt's and the wifi is so slow and annoying and I just can't stand it! But I'm home so I can post again lol.

N e v e r. G i v e. U p.