~Thirty Eight~

"We'll take a recess as the jury decides." The judge says. He then leaves and my friends and family come up to me. "This isn't fair!" Vanessa says. "He's lying about everything." I say. "Isn't it against the law to lie to the law!" I else as I stand up. I push my back and Ross looks at me.

"Come here." He says. "Actually, don't." Ross adds. "This causes for something more special!" Riker says. "Family hug?" I asked and they all smiled.

"Guys stop. Not here!" I say with a smile. "Family hug!" They yell and squeeze me tight. "I love you guys." I say. "We love you too." Autumn says.

Flashback

He pecks my lips once more and we hear Mason. "Get a room!" Mason says. I turn around and give him a look. "Love you Laur." He says. "Love her more." Ross says. "No!" I say with a smile. "Not again." I finish. "Guys, Laura looks alittle lonely." Riker says.

"No." I say. "She needs-" Mason starts. "A FAMILY HUG!" They yell. Vanessa runs out her room and Alyssa and Ryland come running too. They all hug me super tight and I smile really big. They pull away from me and I look at Riker with a glare.

"You love our hugs." Riker says and i nodded. "One more time." I say and they laugh. They all hug me again and I smile super big again. "God, I love this family." I say.

End of Flashback

Mom, Alexis, dad, and Richard are sitting in their seats still.

I guess they're still trying to process that I was raped. Yeah, it would be hard for me to process too. I have such a good relationship with my mom, I usually tell her everything. Why didn't I tell her this? I don't know.

In my mind Jake was still one of my best friends. Now he's a psycho path that needs to get out of my life.

The judge comes back and I look at him. "Alright, I gotta go." I say as we all pull away. I sit on my seat as do all of them. "Alright Jury." He judge says. Someone stands up from the Jury. "We profound that Jake Williams is NOT guilty."

"He's what!" I yell.

"Okay I'm done with this bullshit! You don't believe me, follow him around. You'll see this 19 year old drinking alcohol. He might even be raping other girls. I know I didn't have evidence but I wasn't gonna record myself being raped. Who ever does that instead of trying to get away from the rapist is dumb!" I yell.

"Laura, calm down." Mason says. "I'm not gonna calm down! He stays being the victim to everything when he's actual the suspect and it's not fair to me or to Valentina and- and-" I stop as I think of her.

"Don't ever say that name again." Jake says. "Valentina." I say and he looks at me. "Why can't I say her name Jake?" I ask and he stays quiet. "Jake Williams to the stand." I say. "Judge." Jake says. "I'll allow it." The judge says and I smile. Jake then walks up to the stand.

"Who's Valentina?" I ask. "Never heard of-" I cut him off. "Liar! Who's Valentina?" I ask. "My ex- girlfriend." Jake says. "Ex? Why did she break up with you?" I ask. "Okay, Laura. I get it." Jake says. "We're you two in love?"

"Laura stop." He says. "You started the war, I'm not ending it until I win. So answer." I say. "We broke up because she kiss-" I cut him off. "Liar!" I yell. "I don't kn-" I cut him off. "Liar!"

"Laura!" He says. "I'm gonna keep doing it. Either tell the truth now or we can stay here the whole day." I say. "Fine! She broke up with me cause I was drunk and I raped you."

I look at him with a sympathetic look. "I loved her, I still do. I love you and Ross and because of me being drunk I ruined your life. I ruined our friendship. I ruined my life. And I honestly wish I could take it all back but I don't remember much. All I remember was you said Jake stop and went to walk out and I pulled you right back in the room. After that no clue what happened."

"I'm sorry Laura, I never meant for any of this to happen. I just don't know how to stop drinking. I still smell like alcohol from last night. I woke with a hang over. I'm proud of you, you did good. I'm the one who ruined everything because of one mistake." He says. Ross walks up to the stand.

"Ross, stop! He's being good." I say. Ross smiles at Jake. "Thank you." Ross says and they do their old hand shake. "Do I go to jail now?" Jake asked the judge. "No!" I say. "What?" I hear almost everyone say.

"He finally just told the truth and apologized. Honestly, all I needed to hear." I say. "So you brought me to court and made me poor my heart out for what?" Jake asked with a smile.

Ross was standing next me and I look at him. "He's back." I say. "He sure is." Ross says. "Come here!" I tell Jake. Jake runs off the stand and we group hug.

I know what your all thinking, that was just a load of crap. Laura is just too nice. But yay, old Jake is back!

Believe In Yourself< 333