~Twenty Nine~

"Can we forget about this now?" Laura says walking to her room. She closes the door behind her and they all look at Ross. "I got it." He says waking into his room. "Laura, baby, gorgeous, the most amazing fiancè in the world."

Laura smiled a little before looking at him. "Come here." He said. Laura walks up to him and wraps her arms around his torso. His scent hit her and she fell in love all over again. That sweet vanilla, it was intoxicating.

"He's gone. Lets just focus on the wedding for now, okay?" Ross says. Laura nodded and hugged him tighter. "Don't let go yet!" She says and he rested his head on top of hers. "We can stay like this for as long as you want."

"Don't say that. I will make you stand here forever." She replies with a small laugh. She pulls away and looks at him. "I love you." Ross says. "I love you too." She replies. Ross gives her a quick kiss and Laura smiles.

"Come on." Ross says. "I think I'm just gonna chill here for a little." Laura tells him and he grabs her hands. "I'm fine Ross. I promise." She says and he nods. Ross then walks out the room shutting the door behind him.

Laura's P.O.V

I fall on my bed and just stare at the ceiling. The door then opens but I don't look. That was until Riker jumped on the bed. "Wanna go out for brunch with your best friend? But just so you know if you say no I will attack you." Riker says and I laugh.

"No." I say getting off the bed. "H then goes to attack me but I run to the kitchen. "Stop it!" I say. "Come on." He says coming closer to me. "Don't take a step closer or so help me Riker I will hit you." I say grabbing a frying pan. We both smile and he comes closer.

I hit him on the head, not hard but not soft. Ross throws his head back laughing. "Ross, that's not funny." Mason says. Ross looks at Mason and stops smiling. "I mean, Laura! What is wrong with you?" Ross says trying to hold in his laugh.

Riker and I starting laughing and Ross started laughing again. Vanessa and Mason just sat there like we were crazy or something. "Don't ask." I say. Vanessa just smiles and walks toward the door.

"Come on weirdo." Vanessa says, intertwining her fingers with Riker. "I guess another time Laur." Riker says as he walks out with Vanessa. "Bye guys." Ross and I say. "So what do you want to do?" Laura asked Mason.

"Go home. I miss Lillian and Dan and Alyssa." Mason whines. "Her name is Mom. You've been adopted for 2 years already Mas, just say mom." I tell him and he looks at me. "I don't like it."

"Why?" Ross asked. "My foster mom hated me. She used me to get things and she abused me. I called her mom. I just don't like the name or word. I thought all moms were like that." Mason says.

"Well, they aren't. I know you don't want to call her mom but can you do it anyway. Surprising her with you being here than you calling her will make her really happy and it'll be a plus one on the wedding gift." I tell him.

"Only cause it'll make her happy." Mason says with that smile. "That's my boy." I smiled then walked back to her room.

.

.

It was now 10pm and I was on the couch. Just sitting. Mason and Ross left to McDonald's so I'm all by myself in the apartment. I look out the window and see the guy across the street into his window. He was this old guy that was always writing at a desk.

I've watched him before. Not in a creepy stalker way just seen him through the window from time to time. He'd get up, sit at the desk, and write. He never stopped until it was time for bed. He doesn't seem like he eats much.

I'm wearing black tights, this oversized T- shirt, and a pair of boots. I throw on a sweater, grab my phone and keys and head out. I go to the apartment building across the street and up to his apartment.

I slowly approach his door and lightly knock. He looks at me as he answers the door and smiles. "Hi." I say with a small smile. "Hello young lady. How may I help you?" He asked.

"I live across the street and I was wondering, uh, well why you are always writing." I say. The old man just smiled as he moved aside. He signaled me to come in and I did as I was told. "I'm writing your story."

I gave him a weird look with a smile. "I see you across the street. Dancing with that blonde boy and and being with him. I finally finished my story, decided to right yours." Already finished his story? "What do you mean?"

"My wife died and now here I am. That's all I have to write. My story ended." He tells me sitting down. "No, it didn't. Your story never ends. When one thing ends, something starts. If anything the story just begun."

The old man smiled at me. "Listen to yourself when you speak. Your words mean more to you than you think." He told me. "Everything that ends is just starting up a new chapter until you reach the last one."

I smile and walk over to the desk. "Wow, that's beautiful." I say reading a piece of his work. "So you lied?" I say with a smile and he nods. "I did but I got you to let out deep feelings."

"Your a poem writer?" I ask. "Yes. I just finished this piece right here." He tells me showing me the paper. I read the lines and it kind of reminded me of Ross.

I'm afraid of the darkness

But only a little light shines

Your a curious person

You want to know why

If I tell you the truth

It might hurt really bad

Just kidding

You don't care I'm sad

Your the reason why

That's the truth

But that little light

Sadly is you

See what I can do

I can lie too

The darkness used to be colorful

Then everything went dead

I didn't want see anyone

Or even get out of my bed

I love you so much

That beautiful light

Up in a corner

It shines so bright

There's a secret I'm hiding

If you want to know the truth

That light is me

And the darkness is you

When we broke up. "Its beautiful." I say breathless. "Your amazing at what you do." I add. "You should try it." He tells me. "Oh no, I'm not a writer."

"I see you writing in small notebook of yours all the time." He replies. "Its a songbook." He looks at me. "Those feelings that your hiding inside go on a piece of paper and they mean more." He tells me.

"What's your name?" I ask. "Matthew. Matthew Felmer." I stick my hand out and he grabs it. "Laura. Laura Marano." We shake hands and I walk to the door. "It was nice meeting you." I say before walking out.

"Wait!" He calls out and I turn around. "Let out your feelings before you explode. Remember I can see everything." He says with a smile. I nod with a smile and walk off.

"He's a nice old man!"

New character and a very important one at that. You'll realize why in the future. Tell me what you thought.

N e v e r. G i v e. U p.