~Twenty Eight~

Laura's P.O.V

I was now just thinking. All of us got bailed out and I talked to the police about Jake raping me but they didn't believe me. I can't blame them. I then start to think of things. Mom. Dad Vanessa. Mason. Alys- Oh my god, Mason!

I grab the keys and start running to the door. "Whoa... What's up with you?" Ross asked. "We forgot about Mason. Ross, we are bad people!!" I say. "Laura, chill. I got Vanessa to pick him up." He says. I let out a big breath.

'Knock knock'

I hear knocking at the door and walk up to it. I open it and see my little brother. "Mason!" I exclaim hugging him tight. He hugs back and Riker walks in with his bags. Mason has been going to this really cool boarding school.

It isn't like a prison school but it's like Zoey 101 type thing. Its summer so he's home. Mom thinks he's coming home next week. Surprise time! "Guess what?" I say closing the door after they all walk in.

"What?" Mason asked. I show him my hand and his eyes widen. "Damn! Nice rock Ross!" He says and I laugh. "Its so good to be home! What did I miss?" He asked.

"As you can see I got this sweet apartment, I got hit by a car, Alexis got hit by car, I got engaged, and I went to Jail. But enough about me, what's up?" I say trying to change the subject before he asked anything.

"Laura." He says. "No." I reply. "Laura."
"No."
"Laura!"
"Fine."

"First are you okay?" He asked. "I'm still alive, aren't I." I say and he gives me a look. "How did you get in Jail?" He asked. "Well.." I say in a high pitched voice standing up and walking to my kitchen. "Laura." Mason says.

"No." I say. "Laura!" He shouts and I look at him. "Fine. I beat the crap out of Jake." I say with a sad smile. "Jake is back?" Mason says. "No! Never! He works at Golden Corral." I say. "Wait, you know?" Vanessa says.

"Who do you think stopped it." Mason says. "What happened? How did it happen?" Vanessa asked. I let out a breath and sit down on the couch. Everyone sits around me and I start to tell my story.

-Flashback-

It was the end of the day and tonight was the big party. Me and Ross don't really talk to Valentina and Jake anymore. After the whole putting his arm around her and me getting jealous thing we all just stopped talking.

That was until me and Ross made up. So we just stopped talking to them. Mason doesn't exactly have much friends yet so I'm taking him to the party tonight. He needs to get out the house. He's in 10th grade.

10th grade is when your really getting invited to parties and you have a bunch of friends but only like 2 of them are the really close ones. I'm walking home with Ross now.

"I'll meet you at the costume party." I say and he nods. I kiss cheek and walk off. He watches me walk in before leaving to his own home. "Mason!" I call out and he comes running downstairs.

"Why'd you leave school early?" I ask, crossing my arms. "I had to finish making my costume." He answers with a smile and I give him a look. "Yeah, come look." He tells me and I run up to his room. "Oh my." I say.

"Do you like?" He asked me. "Like? I love! This is amazing. How did you do this?" I ask. "Well when you don't have a family or money you kinda get used to making things for yourself." He explains. "Its amazing." I say.

"One more thing," he says and walks me to his closet. He opens it and takes out a cute biker type outfit. "Oh my gosh." I say, speechless. "I kinda used my money to get you the accessories for your biker costume that you wanted to do."