The Devil doesn't play Ice hockey.

I was a fashion girl, always have been always will be. I was currently living in New York, and I had to admit I was happy.

I lived in an amazing apartment and everything inside it and had been carefully chosen by me. I was also the sort of girl who took forever to shop because I had to make sure the clothing I chose was perfect and that I had the perfect shoes, bag and jacket to go with it; I even made sure I had earrings, rings and necklaces to go with everything. So you probably think I sound very picky, but in my job you have to be.

You see I work for vogue magazine under Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. It was my dream job; I never wanted to be a model that walked down a runway I really wanted to be involved. I was Anna Wintour’s assistant, well one of them, the other was Lucy. We were in charge of so many things, scheduled appointments, as well as grabbing coffee or lunch for her, we also had to answer the phone, collect clothes from leading designers as well as make sure we were at all the dinners, events and fashion weeks. In all I loved my job. I earned good money, I had a great apartment in one of the greatest cities on the planet, and I could work in fashion all day. I was happy with my life; after all I was only 22.

However others disagreed. Everyone at work was a lot like me, it was mainly about the magazine, some had partners but that was normally the models that had model partners. My mum was keen that I didn’t live on my own, for safest as well as not being lonely, but I knew I didn’t have time or the lifestyle to fit a boyfriend in. I had friends at work, I had some friends back home and friends within the industry, after all being in this job made you friends with top designers, top writers, artists, photographers etc. My dad disagreed with mum and would rather see me without a boyfriend but that was my typical over protective dad.

So for me, my life was going perfect, until I entered star bucks one morning to grab Anna, Lucy and myself a cup of coffee. There were four guys sat at a table in star bucks. I hadn’t seen them before, nor did I take much notice except the fact they were quite loud at such an early hour. I got in line to order when one whistled but I didn’t bother to look because I honestly wasn’t interested in whether they had whistled at me or not.

“Hello” I turned round when I noticed the person speaking was right next to me.

“Hello” I replied and turned back ready to order, the man chuckled.

“Are you shy?” he questioned, I turned back giving him a questioning look.

“No why would you ask that?”

“Well you don’t seem to be speaking to me”

“Maybe because I purely am not interested in speaking to you” he chuckled again, but his face looked quite astonished.

“So can I get a name?” He questioned again.

“How about no” I fake smiled then turned back to order.

“I’m Jordan, nice to meet you no” He smiled, I turned to the man waiting for my order and sized him up, he was muscular, blonde with blue eyes, which was the only thing that stood out to me.

“Not so nice to meet you Jordan” I replied turning back around and taking my three coffees and turned to walk back out, unfortunately the annoying man followed.

“So what really is your name?” he asked jogging to keep up with me as I hurried to work.

“None of your business”

“So it has got longer” he smiled again. I finally made it to my work and entered into the marble entrance and went through to the elevators. Once again he followed.

“Can you please leave, I am about to start work, and if my boss catches you there, my head will be on the chopping block.”

“Where do you work?”

“Take a guess” I said sarcastically.

“Well we did just enter Conde Nast publications” he replied.

“Well done, heard of them before Canadian boy?” he chuckled again.

“You really are snappy aren’t you?” I rolled my eyes at him and finally made it out the elevator and into the main reception walking through the halls as quick as possible to place the coffee on Anna’s desk before she got there and to look appropriate for when she arrived.

“Oh thanks” Lucy said taking the coffee.

“When is she going to be here?” I questioned placing the coffee on Anna’s desk off from mine and Lucy’s.

“Nine” she replied

“So are you going to tell me your name yet?” he asked again.

“Oh god are you still here?” he chuckled again.

“Nicoletta who is this?” Lucy questioned as I spread out the days magazines and newspapers across Anna’s desk.

“So your name is Nicoletta.”

“No Nicoletta is the name of the invisible girl” I replied.

“Is she always so sarcastic?” he asked Lucy.

“Oh God, your Jordan Staal, you play for the penguins. Nicoletta he’s an ice hockey player, my brother would love to swap places with me right now.” I rolled my eyes at Lucy as I answered the phone.

“Oh God, she’s early she’s going to be here any minute.” I said panicking.

“You have to go” I said pushing Jordan out of my office.

“Only if you agree to go on a date with me” I laughed

“I don’t date brainless sportsman” I said as I shut the office door and got back to work. What an idiot.