Chapter 15

Alex

-one month later-

Today was just a downright awful day, firstly I got stuck in traffic then I fell and broke a heel at work , it rained and things just continued to get worse throughout the day. As soon as I got home I just wanted a strong cup of coffee , my bed with Aaron beside me . It sounded like bliss yet that plan was sidetracked too when Aaron had an emergency to attend to at the hospital.

Aaron and I have been going strong for 3 months now, I was even more in love with him now, I have yet to inform my parents but so far so good. My mother spoke highly of him when she talked about the hospital and things like that , Daniel has warmed up to the idea too so I hope to tell my parents this weekend when they invited me to dinner. I didn't know what my father thought of Aaron and frankly I really don't want to know .

I opened my door and walked in, kicking off my pumps I had to exchange my heels for earlier. I switched on the kettle and changed into my pj's (They were so comfortable and eventhough it was early I needed comfortable clothes.

There was a knock on the door which earned it a grunt from me.

I peeped through the hole to see it was Everett. He has been scarce these last few weeks, he went to Minnesota to visit his Aunt ,he texted me a few times and he's also met Aaron a bunch of times.

"Hi Everett" He smiled brightly as I let him in, I heard the kettle boil and switched it off.

He stopped abruptly, his face changing from happy to sad, he was staring at something. I turned to see what he was looking at. He was looking at the funny picture I and Aaron both had framed copies of. Even though he approved of Aaron there was this vibe between them .

"It's a beautiful picture." I stated he shrugged.

"What's wrong?" He gestured for me to sit, he sat beside me turning to me.

"I.. I was at the hospital to see Daniel about the article on the car crash this morning, I couldn't find him so I walked around for a while until I saw Aaron's office, I wanted to greet him and thought that maybe he'd be able to help me if I can't find Daniel since no one could give me details. When I opened his office I saw him fighting with a woman, they didn't see me so yah I eavesdropped."

"And?"

"They were fighting about lawyers and how the divorce hasn't gone through yet... he said that he made sure it was legal and all she said that she's...pregnant and needs him. Then he hugged her and I left." He said very quickly in the hopes that I wouldn't hear the truth.

"She...she's pregnant, it can't be-they've been separated for 6 months ...no you probably heard wrong." He looked at me and rubbed my back as I slowly began sobbing , if she was pregnant with his child it means that he will most likely get back together with her .

He told me about her miscarriage and how it broke them. Everett hugged me tightly, this is really the worst day I've had in a long time. My heart tore and as it did it echoed in my ears, this is what I get for falling in love again, repeating my mistakes again.

"It's going to be okay." Everett muttered.

"Nothing is Okay anymore! He's going to get back together with her, leaving me broken again, I was so fucking stupid!" I spat at Everett who didn't deserve it, I wiped away my tears .

"I...I'm sorry Everett."

"It's fine, better you finding out now than later." The door opened revealing none other than Aaron.