Chapter 4

Alex

I smiled and took a deep breath as I walked down the steps to see Daniel waiting for me. He took the night off so that he could come to my graduation ceremony. My parents couldn't come, I wasn't too sad about it because this wasn't the first time I was stood up by them, I never keep my hopes up when it comes to them, they have to save lives. Besides that, I was invited to a graduation party by a friend of mine.

"Wow, you look so great."He took my hand and helped me out of the front door, my shoulder still had an ache and last night at the bar and dancing had my shoulder ache some more.

I had on my gorgeous black and white dress with heels but my blue robe and hat covered up most of my outfit. We drove to the hall where it was being held, I felt nervous for some reason. After the ceremony, I had to go back to my apartment, change there and then go to the party.

Oh, shit now I remember. Aaron.

He messaged me and asked me this morning it read.

Good morning blondie

Let me know when I can come help you with your boxes

Followed by the message was the invitation to the party, the fact is that I don't really know Aaron and I had no plan on being more than acquaintances. Party is bigger than Aaron.

We all sat in our designated seats waiting for the person that was going to give a speech to come on stage. The man comes on the stage and as soon as I saw him I kind of felt I could sink into my seat. It was Aaron, remind me to ask him if he is stalking me next time I talk to him because for some reason I just seem to see him all the time since the day he sat at my table in the hospital.

I tried to move into my seat so I was hidden behind some guy, they started calling our names and with my luck, Aaron shook every graduates' hand as the dean handed the rolled up degrees. My name was up next, all the exits were blocked and I couldn't escape.

"Alexandra Wright." I cringed because my lie was just shattered. I slowly walked up trying to not look at him, his blue eyes bore into mine, at least now he could label me as a liar and leave me alone. His shimmering blue eyes darkened as I looked up to give me my degree. He gave me a curt hand shake and I took my seat.

Just as the dean started giving his closing speech my phone vibrated. I knew who it was and ignored it. We all cheered as he ended and wished us all well. We took lots of photos and we all talked a bit. I had a few friends around here and I won't see them as much now so we all were saddened but excited for the party tonight.

I was suddenly pulled out of the group; I thought it was Daniel who was his impatient self. I nearly had a face plant from the fall but luckily a pair of strong hands steadied me.

"Daniel I said you should wait...Aaron?" I frowned, thought he'd already think of me as a liar and ignore me...guess not.

"Wright?" He looked at me to confirm, I nodded.

"Bloody hell, why did you lie to me?"I swallowed hard.

"Because... everybody acts like this when they find out my name and legacy, just like you are now." I turned around to walk down the back hall to the other exit. He pulled me back and suddenly his lips were on mine in a deep and attentive kiss. His lips slowly moved over mine, I thought I would slap him but to my surprise, I returned the kiss.

It felt like my skin was sizzling and his hands holding my hips stopped me from just melting in the kiss. He pulled back.

"Fuck...I'm sorry I have to go" He strutted away leaving me utterly confused at this severely strange man. That was one amazing kiss.