Chapter 12

Aaron

I smiled brightly as I walked through the corridors of the hospital. I stopped at the nurse's station grabbing my charts, Daniel walked in with one of the other interns. He said goodbye and stopped beside me.

"What do we have?"

"Post-ops and a coronary bypass."

"Slow day today."

" Tomorrow we have we have a heart transplant so don't get used to it." I handed him some chart and he followed me to my patient . After rounds Daniel and I were filling in forms,he looked at me inquisitively but didn't say anything. I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

After Alex got better we spent the day just talking. It was fast after my divorce that I got myself into another relationship but with Alex it was different.

She was like the missing piece of me . We decided that we'll take things very slow because of my past,her past and her father. She said she would tell him but since she never sees him and it's her private life she doesn't see the point to it.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I checked it seeing it was Alex. I stepped away from Daniel and answered.

"Hi."

"Hi, we're still on for this afternoon right?"

"Yeah, I'll finish up here and then come by."

She said goodbye and I continued working. I wasn't on call today and I promised Alex I'd take her to a special place, I was planning on taking her to a bookshop I often come to, she loves reading and the morning after she was sick she looked at my wall to ceiling bookcase goggle-eyed, I told her to pick one out but she declined .

I finished up and drove to her apartment, I parked quickly and jogged upstairs. I knocked a few times before she opened up. She scanned me from top to toe smirking.

I looked down and noticed I didn't change from my scrubs, I was so busy so I just took my bag and drove away.

Her smirk dropped and she shook her head. I hugged her ,she rested her head against my shoulder in a sigh. It's been a long day. I kissed her on the crown of her head.

She pulled away from me grabbing her bag.

"How was your day?"

"Uneventful actually, aren't you curious where I'm taking you?"

"Nah, I've figured out you are not a murderer so I'm figuring somewhere not shady?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You've got a wild imagination."

"Oh but you have no idea."

She shifted in her seat as I drove, looking at me curiously.

"You're going to change right?" I nodded.

"Care to help me?" She blinked a few times taking in what I just said.

"Don't tease." I stopped at my house.

"I wasn't teasing." I opened my door to get out and so did she, I unlocked the door and as soon as the door closed she kissed me slowly. I instinctively pressed her against the door, feeling my eagerness grow.

Breathlessly between kisses I stated.

"I...was...teasing actually."

"Too late....be careful what you wish for."She wrapped her legs around my waist. I cupped her bottom as he continued to kiss me, viciously.