Chapter 18

Alex

When I heard those words that Aaron spoke I could feel myself breaking, he fucking cheated on me and I was stupid enough to stick with him even after the baby drama. God I am an idiot to trust him this much.

I felt my pulse quicken, this is why I had that bad feeling in my stomach.

I stared at him for a moment before the pain stuck me in the back. I didn't even cry I couldn't. I just stood up and grabbed my phone, I called Everett. It wasn't that late but it was a long drive, I didn't know what else to do.

"Alex, let me explain first, I was drunk and I couldn't remember anything"

"You couldn't keep yourself from having sex with her right? Drunk actions, sober feelings" I felt bile rise up in my throat. I shouldn't have trusted him. I couldn't believe it. I guess this was the final chance we had that has now incinerated; he wouldn't have told me that he slept with her if I didn't push him to tell me what was wrong.

He had his chance, he has a wife to go back to and a baby on the way- shit like this isn't suppose to be happening, not again not after everything that I've been through. I've had enough. I could feel that I was on the brink of another panic attack. I tried to keep together, I was more angry than anything.

I started packing my things, he tried to stop me but I ignored him. I would rather ignore him than kick him in the crotch like I wanted to do so bad. Maybe if I did he wouldn't be able to produce any more babies. He grabbed my wrists making me turn to him.

"Stop! I really am sorry it was a mistake."

"Yeah we were the fucking mistake, sorry isn't going to help this time." I shook my wrists free from his hold. He looked at me sadly , rubbing his neck. I put my heart on the line again for what? Just to have it crushed again. And to top it all, tomorrow was Christmas

About an hour later of me just sitting on the bed staring at the ground in a void of emotion, I heard a car pull up. I hoped that it was Everett. I emerged from the room, walking down the stairs with my bags.

" Alex? You're going so soon?" I'm guessing his mother didn't know her son cheated on me with his ex, I wasn't going to ruin their day with this news. I gave them a little smile.

"Yeah , there's an emergency at home." I lied swiftly, Aaron nodded in a silent thanks.

Aaron tried to stop me again.

"You don't have to go." I took off my promise ring once and for all realizing how meaningless it actually was, I put it on the table.

"Goodbye Aaron, I hope I never see you again." I calmly walked out to Everett's car, he must've gone over a few speed limits to get here so fast,or he was flying or something.

He helped me with my bag and looked at me questioningly as I slid into the passenger side-I didn't explain to him why he had to drive out here, I think he heard the tremors in my voice. I turned my head to look out of the window. Aaron was standing at the door, his eyes gleaned from the tears threatening to fall,he looked as broken as I was, why do we keep hurting each other like this?

I rested my head against the window staring out in front of me.

Everett started driving again as the snow fell down slowly.

We were almost home when Everett spoke up.

"What happened?"

"He cheated on me." I stated simply, I was too blind to realize this, once was enough to break my trust.