Chapter 2

Alex

"How are you going to entertain me tonight?" I really hoped he wasn't some weird pervert. I had to admit that the idea of him doing a strip tease sounded good but  I don't exactly know him so it would be very inappropriate.

"Well, this place has a few secrets." He gestured with me to get off the gurney and walk with him. We walked down the abandoned hall.

"Why is it so quiet, there are a bunch of people coming in from the car accidents so it should be a madhouse?" He gave me a slight smile.

" Well, this isn't the only hospital with a trauma unit...Clearview Memorial is the big kahuna when it comes to trauma and emergencies, they get the bulk of the patients." We continued to walk and took stairs down to the basement.

"I haven't seen you around before?" I enquired. He stopped walking.

"I started working here a week ago." He stated, he switched on a light and there was big cement room with what looks like extra beds, gurneys, and wheelchairs. He must have some inside info because even I who was practically raised here was never here before and I didn't know it existed.

"Where are we?" This looked like a scene from a horror movie where the killer lures the girl to the basement and then kills her or locks her up and tortures her. He simply laughed at my harrowed expression.

"This is the store room we need a wheelchair for how I'll be entertaining you." He got a wheelchair and told me to sit, even though he is basically a stranger I felt like I could trust him. My brother knew him so if he wasn't as trustworthy as I thought I'd at least have Daniel to identify my killer.

He wheeled me into the elevator downstairs and pressed the up button. I waited and awkwardly sat and listened to the elevator music. The door opened and we were now in an abandoned hallway.

"It seems like abandoned hallways are your thing."I looked at the room numbers and noticed the floor.

"Uhm the mortuary is around the corner..."I stated this quietly. Perhaps this does turn out to be some horror movie scene and he suddenly goes all slash on me.

"It is, luckily we don't need to go there. I chose this hall because it is mostly abandoned." Abandoned, what the hell did he want to do here?

He stayed quiet for a moment.

"Hold on tight blondie!"He started running and I could hear the squeaking of his sneakers on the tile and the tapping of the wheels.

He picked up speed, this was really fun and he was laughing as we raced through the halls for a good half hour.

"Woah!" He rounded the corner and I toppled out of the wheelchair. He stopped.

I held onto my shoulder I landed on in pain,o-kay I was stupid to be racing in the mortuary halls with the head of cardio but it beat being bored for the rest of the night.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"I laid on the ground and he sat with his knees on either side of me, almost straddling me, attentively checking my arm.

"I'm really sorry for this, I just wanted to try this." He had a sly grin. I smiled sarcastically, he meant the wheelchair racing of course and not the straddling...I hope.

"Ah and the first bored stranger was your guinea pig?" He shrugged. I gently pushed him off and stood up rubbing my shoulder.

"I have something for you in my office for the pain, I am so sorry again." I walked with him to the elevator and he laughed as I clutched my paining shoulder.

"Alex, what's your surname?" I wanted to say "Wright" but he would put two and two together and figure out that my father owns part of the hospital. He will eventually find out but not tonight, I'm not going to be that girl everybody is afraid to talk to because her father is in charge, no surry.