Chapter 26

Alex

We sat around the table, for the first time in a while things started to feel whole again.

"I think you should consider having a wedding party" My mom subtly tries to nudge Daniel, Thomas is holding his hand.

"We can, just as a formality" Thomas agrees , Daniel glares at him and then nods.

"We're getting married on Christmas" Aaron says , well that's not tactful at all.

Isaac's snoozing soundly in his stroller besides my mom.

" So soon?"

"Yeah why wait." I tried to act like I wasn't mentally freaking out about actually getting to marry the hot and smart Aaron Brent. Daniel suddenly has chesire size smile on his lips, He whispers something to Thomas, who nods and has an equally wide smile.

" How about we have a double wedding then" At first I was about to object, just because this was his way out of having a wedding party but on the other side, it's such a weird idea for a brother and sister to get hitched on the same day that I like it.

" That sounds great" Aaron agrees.

My mom's eyes widen .

"Oh my gosh, this means we'll have 3 families at the wedding, the planning I have to do is going to be outrageous."

"I called my mom, she said that they'll be flying in next week and I'm sure Aaron's mom would be very willing to help, god knows my mom is on cloud number nine now, 3 moms planning a wedding , it's sure to be something extraordinary" Thomas smiled.

"Yeah my mother said she's coming to visit also so, mother power it is- when I told her about our plans yesterday she was ecstatic so she'll be happy to help" My mom looked like weight was lifted from her shoulders.

"We should keep it small, just close family and friends" Daniel commented.

We all nodded.

"How are things going at the hospital?" I ask Daniel.

"I'm getting the hang of it, ask your fiancé about it" Aaron looked so awkward as he shifts in his chair.

"You know it's kind of awkward having your brother-in -law -to -be as your intern and boss, and he's younger than I am so it's feeling kind of weird around there, for some of the other surgeons too "I found this to be very funny but Daniel and Aaron, even Thomas looked like they haven't adjusted to it yet. I can't blame them, hell I haven't adjusted to the void that my father left.

At least now things are going better.

-2 weeks later-

Having a bunch of mothers under one roof spells trouble. The majority of the wedding was planned, all that was left was the food. My mom instantly liked Aaron's mother and as far as father's go, Thomas and Aaron's father hung out together (They didn't seem to care much for the fuss of a wedding).

We kept out of their way, we had some gatherings and all of the parents just couldn't stay away from Isaac, so they're taking turns to watch him, even Thomas's parents faffed over him. He is such a grandparent magnet, those chubby cheeks look pinchable to all.

Everett came by to visit , he was happy for us which had me relieved. He looked sad to know that Isaac was at his grandparent's to be, Aaron's niece was also there. I have yet to meet his sister but when we finally will at the rehearsal dinner tonight.

Aaron pulled me to him in the bed, kissing my neck and nibbling on my earlobe when I woke up. I moaned loudly, he smiled.

"Good morning sweetheart"

"Good morning" it was strange not to be worried about the baby monitor or if Isaac had a dirty diaper since he wasn't here, I missed him so much but this made for some well deserved quality time with Aaron.

"What do you want to do today?"

I rolled around so that I could straddle him.

"How about..." I kisses a trail down his stomach and downwards, taking him into my mouth and making him know how appreciated he really was.

After our early morning session we decided to go to the bookstore, this reminded me of the first 'date' we were on, he wanted to buy me books, I didn't let him and then stepped on his foot. Good times. Now, look where that has bought us, we're getting married and we have the most beautiful son together.

We walked in together, this time it was different, we didn't need to look inconspicuous because we're hiding in the fear of someone seeing us.

"What book were you looking for?"

"Perioperative care in cardiac surgery"

"Uh okay, I'm going to look for the story book for Isaac" I went through the books they had trying to find one that seems less scary, we're not ready for the witches and poison apples yet.

I felt a hand on my side and jolted up with squeal.

"After all this time, I still scare the bejeezes out of you" he chuckled, I saw him holding up a book that was the size of my head. My law textbooks look like that, atleast he'll be reading it and not me.

"Find anything?" I shook my head.

"No, some of them are really out of his league, some too...simple"

"He's 6 months old, he doesn't understand half of what you read and won't remember it" I shrugged.

"I know, you're right" I gave him a sad smile.

"How about I write him one?"

"Write him a story?"

"Yeah I've written long, very long medical journals and my thesis's, a story for a 6 month old is nothing to write"

"I can't wait to read that." He kissed me on the forehead.

Hours later we were walking up the aisle to get the rhythm of when each of us will walk up.

"Okay, then the ring bearer walks up, after the vows." My mom went through the list of events. Just walking down the aisle had my gut churn, I was nervous since in less than 9 days we're getting married and my father isn't here to walk me down the aisle.

Aaron held my hand as we sat in the pews and my mother going through the list, after this we have dinner with the families.

I felt my chest tightening, I gave Aaron's hand a tight squeeze but it didn't help me. I didn't get a panic attack for a while now but I knew one was coming again someday, Aaron looked at me and then excused us from the group. He pulled me outside; Daniel noticed what was happening and told Thomas to check on me after Aaron.

"Breathe, deep breaths" Aaron soothed, it wasn't working, I tried to take deep breaths but it isn't working and this causes me to panic even more.

"I read this works for panic attacks very well, please don't hate me" He pushed me up against the wall, he placed his hands on my back, pulling me to him and kissing me like there's no tomorrow. He touches me slowly, making me yearn for his touch more.

I could breathe again with his lips on me, I felt the tension release from me as he kept kissing me, he pulled back and looked at me. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I'm happy that works, what caused this?" He took my hands in his.

"The realization that we're actually getting married, I'm just nervous about it, I was used to the idea and now that it's happening and my father isn't here, it's just hard" he held me close to him.

"It's going to be okay, your brother is going to walk down the aisle with you, I, my handsome self will be yours and then who knows, Mrs Dr. Aaron Brent, we might even start a story book series someday. I love you" he pecked my cheek.

"Mrs Dr. Aaron Brent, that has a nice ring to it"